By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What has held up better. Okami or Wind Waker?

what has held up better?

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker 37 63.79%

Okami 21 36.21%

Total:58

Thats a tough one. I would say they're nearly identical in terms of how well they've held up. If I had a gun to my head and absolutely had to pick I'd probably say Wind waker, as not only has it held up graphically, but technically speaking as well.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

Both look great, but being biased with The Wind Waker, I think that game held better :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Windwaker, although I prefer the original without the bloom and smooth lighting.

Okami HD looks good as well, yet didn't entice me to actually play it again. I only spend an hour on the HD version, raplayed Windwaker entirely.

SegataSanshiro said:

Bloom was mainly in the 6th gen and Wii U isn't a 7th gen console. It's 8th gen. Switch well that's where things get muddled but Wii U is an 8th gen console regardless of power.

It's hardware is more inline with 7th gen. It was out on the market during the 7th gen.
Ergo, it is lumped into the same era.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Bloom was mainly in the 6th gen and Wii U isn't a 7th gen console. It's 8th gen. Switch well that's where things get muddled but Wii U is an 8th gen console regardless of power.

It's hardware is more inline with 7th gen. It was out on the market during the 7th gen.
Ergo, it is lumped into the same era.

No it's an 8th gen system. Dreamcast launched a year before the comepition and so did 360. Famicom launched before Sega Master System and PCE launched before Genesis but all of these were still part of the generation their compeition launched in a year or so later. Power is irrelvant. It was an 8th gen system and only you lump it with 7th gen. Wii was Nintendo's 7th gen system. It's why Wii is considered the best selling system of that era. You're wrong and don't bring it up again in this topic as it's derailing.

Around the Network

WW HD looks a lot cleaner.

SegataSanshiro said:

No it's an 8th gen system. 

*Facepalm* I never said it wasn't an 8th gen system.

SegataSanshiro said:

Dreamcast launched a year before the comepition and so did 360.  Famicom launched before Sega Master System and PCE launched before Genesis but all of these were still part of the generation their compeition launched in a year or so later.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in  China?

SegataSanshiro said:

Power is irrelvant. It was an 8th gen system and only you lump it with 7th gen.

Power is relevant. I recognize the system is an 8th gen machine. I also recognize it's hardware is derived and similar to those of the 7th gen.

SegataSanshiro said:

You're wrong and don't bring it up again in this topic as it's derailing.

I'm not though. You just misinterpreted my statements and went on a tangent.

A console of the same era, doesn't equate to a console generation.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Okami by far.
Seen so many forms of cel shaded game but a brushstroke? Never seen one until the first time I played the beauty Okami on PS2, It was magical. Now in HD, it even more magical