By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What has held up better. Okami or Wind Waker?

what has held up better?

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker 37 63.79%

Okami 21 36.21%

Total:58

I've only played Wind-Waker, but from the art-style alone i'd put Okami over Wind-Waker, it just simply looks gorgeous. Not that Wind-Waker doesn't, but Okami simply looks a lot more striking to me.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

They both look great but I think Okami shines through. Playing it on PS4 and the game is a literal work of art.

Without a doubt Wind Waker.

Okami for me, I recently platinumed the game and I still amazes me, can't think of any other ps2 game especially for it's length that is better.

Okami was also the only game that we bought each a version of the game on the same day =p.

Both.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Both games will still look stunning in 20 years time.

I think they're tied.

I want to say that, even though I love Twilight Princess, I wish it had a more stylized/cartoonish art-style.

mZuzek said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yeah Windwaker looks nice and all, but that bloom is a bit overkill on Wii U. Then the sailing is still just a bit tedious. Okami HD looks gorgeous, and I don't say that often for any game period, much less HD remasters. 

WWHD's bloom is only overkill in that OP picture, which was from the game's initial reveal. They toned down the bloom a lot by release, it looks amazing in-game.

I played the whole thing on my Wii U last year. Even after twenty hours I still found the bloom a bit jarring in places. 9/10 game though. Would recommend to anyone that hasn't played it. 

not to say Okami is bad but i prefer the calmer aesthetic of Wind Waker

Considering WW HD is on Wii U and Okami HD on PS4, WW would hold up even better on PS4.

I think Wind Waker and Super Mario world are the games that aged the better. Less realist graphics the better for longterm.

Okami looks fantastic tho but i feel like the HD version wasn't adding up much conpared to the HD version of WW