Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD: Playstation 4 was the Best Selling Console of 2017 in the U.S.

newwil7l said:
Dallinor said:

It has a 3m lead over it's main competitor which has had a myriad of problems since launch from marketing, to pricing and software.

I'd hardly consider it dominating consider all the cards landed in their favour. In fact it's a region Sony definitely need to push the system harder in and create more appeal for their product. Stronger competition from Xbox (and Nintendo) next time around will most likely see them losing their lead.

This. 

MS literally handed them the market on a silver platter and the PS4 isn't even that far ahead of the XBO.

sony gave them a market with ps3, and there mistakes took a long time to correct, unlike xbone, which fixed them right away.

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
zorg1000 said:
They had a great 2017, 2018 is looking great as well.

red redemption 2 would definitely slay!

any psvr offering this year?

Yep that game will be huge, im guessing over 20 million WW across PS4/XBO/PC.

As for PSVR, i have no idea what major releases it has coming this year but as long as it continues to get good, quality releases and the price contines to gradually decrease than it should definitely do well over the next few years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

newwil7l said: 

MS literally handed them the market on a silver platter and the PS4 isn't even that far ahead of the XBO.

Dallinor said:

It has a 3m lead over it's main competitor which has had a myriad of problems since launch from marketing, to pricing and software.

I'd hardly consider it dominating consider all the cards landed in their favour. In fact it's a region Sony definitely need to push the system harder in and create more appeal for their product. Stronger competition from Xbox (and Nintendo) next time around will most likely see them losing their lead.

You guys seem upset.

Here, have a cookie.

Intrinsic said:
newwil7l said: 

Dallinor said:

You guys seem upset.

Here, have a cookie.

Not really. I realize Sony is easily dominating on a global scale. But the US is far from PlayStation land.

newwil7l said:
Intrinsic said:

You guys seem upset.

Here, have a cookie.

Not really. I realize Sony is easily dominating on a global scale. But the US is far from PlayStation land.

Thats the thing though, no none has said that its Playstation land. All thats been said is that it won this year.

As it ddi last year.

As it did the year before that one too.....

If its winning by only 3M, then thats just the kinda generation this is. Its still winning.

Around the Network

Nice. It's going to be an interesting battle this year. I think if Sony lowers to just $249, with only a week of $199, Switch will most likely win by a small amount. If they lower to $249, with a few weeks of $199 (and enough stock), then the PS4 will win by a small amount. But, if they actually permanently lower to $199, then PS4 wins easy.

thismeintiel said:
Nice. It's going to be an interesting battle this year. I think if Sony lowers to just $249, with only a week of $199, Switch will most likely win by a small amount. If they lower to $249, with a few weeks of $199 (and enough stock), then the PS4 will win by a small amount. But, if they actually permanently lower to $199, then PS4 wins easy.

Sony still has some bundling options in their back pocket, too. They still haven't released a standard WWII bundle and considering how much Horizon has sold, bundling the PS4 with Horizon Complete Edition is another viable option. I'm surprised that Sony has not done the former already considering how well COD WWII has been selling.

Aura7541 said:
thismeintiel said:

Sony still has some bundling options in their back pocket, too. They still haven't released a standard WWII bundle and considering how much Horizon has sold, bundling the PS4 with Horizon Complete Edition is another viable option. I'm surprised that Sony has not done the former already considering how well COD WWII has been selling.

The only thing I can think of is it was part of their agreement for the SWBF2 bundle, so Disney/EA wouldn't see as much competition from other PS4 bundles.  It just seemed like they didn't do too much to push sales in Dec, other than lowering that bundle to $249.  If they had more varied bundles at $249, it definitely could have pushed them to a much better Dec.  Probably 1.2M-1.3M.

Ummm ,They are doing well in US.

Ps4 wins the npd battle that really counts. 2017 victory in the bag. Nice job Sony.