By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2017 NPD Thread! Switch 1.5m, XBO 1.365m, PS4 1.08m, Xenoblade 280k

jason1637 said:
According to posters on era Xenoblade 2 sold over 280k with digital.

Retail

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
thismeintiel said:

So has anyone done a tally for the whole year? I would, but I'm horribly lazy.

If someone does, I think you should stick it in the OP.

PS4 - 5.45m
Switch - 4.89m
XB1 - 4.28m

You have 3DS too?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Awesome numbers.

zorg1000 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

PS4 - 5.45m
Switch - 4.89m
XB1 - 4.28m

You have 3DS too?

it's over 2 million, but i can't say how much over that... might be 2.1/2.2 million

Ryng_Tolu said:
thismeintiel said:

So has anyone done a tally for the whole year? I would, but I'm horribly lazy.

If someone does, I think you should stick it in the OP.

PS4 - 5.45m
Switch - 4.89m
XB1 - 4.28m

Thanks, man. Pretty good all around. 

Around the Network

The more I look at XB 1 - 4.28m for the year, the more I get the feeling XB 1 has not sold much more than 6.5m this year. They probably should have left the XB1 behind and gone all in making the X next gen with full backwards compatibility.

Jaxyfoo said:
They probably should have left the XB1 behind and gone all in making the X next gen with full backwards compatibility.

What exactly would that have accomplished? Seems like a Dreamcast type of situation.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Shadow1980 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

it's over 2 million, but i can't say how much over that... might be 2.1/2.2 million

Yeah. We know it sold roughly 1910k for the Q2-Q4 period based on the 0.48-to-1 ratio of 3DS-to-Switch sales, but the only Q1 number we have is 127k for February. We can probably guess combined Jan.+Mar. sales of upwards of 200k, so we can guess maybe 2.2M for the year, plus or minus maybe 25-50k.

When did you get that 127k in February!????!? :O

Shadow1980 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

When did you get that 127k in February!????!? :O

Uhhhh... that's a good question. I'm not sure. I had it on my data spreadsheet, but checking the OP from February there was nothing. I could have sworn something was posted for February, but I guess not. :/

I never heard about it at all, neither on VGChartz or GAF.

Is not out of the question, because February 2016 was 176.000 and a -28% decrease YOY could be possible since February 2016 was a huge 3DS month thanks Fire Emblem fates + some sweet bundles, however, i need to be sure about that :p

The only numbers i have are:

April - 68.000
July - 105.000
December - 750.000

And we know FY sales are >1.9 million

Jaxyfoo said:
The more I look at XB 1 - 4.28m for the year, the more I get the feeling XB 1 has not sold much more than 6.5m this year. They probably should have left the XB1 behind and gone all in making the X next gen with full backwards compatibility.

Lol wot. Vgchartz overtracked a little bit, but I'd say 8 million is still a reasonable figure for the console. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).