By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North and South Korea agree to carry single flag at Winter Olympics and field joint women's ice hockey team

CaptainExplosion said:
Errorist76 said:

As someone else has said already. Above all China, but also South Korea, Japan, the UN and US are keeping the situation in check. There’s nothing to worry about on a worldwide scale...at least unless the usual fire starters start another fire and turn another region into hell for decades, or even worse...Which is exactly what you are suggesting.

The usual fire starters in this case would be North Koreans, all under fat boy's brainwashing.

Sorry but no...that’s lately been the US and their closest allies. At least during the last 5 decades or so.

And don’t think brain-washing is exclusive to North Korea either.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 18 January 2018

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

There's no way the Chinese government will keep their word. Look at how horrible the lives of the Chinese people are. That proof enough that one scummy government supporting an even worse one will get us all killed.

They're pretty damn good actually...

Try actually talking to some Chinese people or maybe even going to the country...

They’re greatly improving. 6.6 % growth this year as reported today.

China has 3500 years of history. Their culture and civilisation is incredibly rich. Guy needs to read a book once in a while.

They’re also the biggest loan giver of the US...and, btw, have just degraded the US to being as credit worthy as Chile..after Trump’s tax reform.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-ratings-dagong/chinese-agency-dagong-cuts-u-s-sovereign-ratings-to-bbb-from-a-idUSKBN1F50OU?il=0

Lets hope this can be the first step of many in the right direction for NK. I'm not personally holding my breath but it would be nice.

The_Yoda said:
Lets hope this can be the first step of many in the right direction for NK. I'm not personally holding my breath but it would be nice.

I really doubt that it's anything more than a political move, to be honest.  North Korean propaganda is that there is no North-and-South Korea, just that part of Korea is controlled by "American Imperialism."  The U.S. is the bogeyman they use to keep the populace in check.  My guess is that they're going to try to talk up the power of a united Korea--even if most of the credit belongs to South Korea.  

I joked about it before but it's a place where the leaders keep power by maintaining complete control of information.  Letting go of that, even slightly, would expose too much and confidence in the government would begin to crumble overnight.  

This is not news. They do little stuff like this every couple of years. Let me know when the people throw off their dictator.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:

China has 3500 years of history. Their culture and civilisation is incredibly rich. Guy needs to read a book once in a while.

They’re also the biggest loan giver of the US...and, btw, have just degraded the US to being as credit worthy as Chile..after Trump’s tax reform.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-ratings-dagong/chinese-agency-dagong-cuts-u-s-sovereign-ratings-to-bbb-from-a-idUSKBN1F50OU?il=0

Yeah ... (You don't seem to know much about debt risk) 

Their ratings don't mean a whole lot when that agency rates their own nation as "AAA" so their definitely full of themselves ... (The only reliable credit rating agency is the big three which includes S&P, Fitch and Moody's all of which collectively control about 95% of the credit rating service market)

"They're also the biggest loan giver of the US", LOL you definitely don't have an idea of what your talking about ... 

CaptainExplosion said:
Considering Fatso's influence I can only see this ending in disaster.

As in they'd unify under one Korea so they could nuke everyone else.

Simply put: how does unification improve North Korea's opprtunity to blow evwryone else up?

I don't like fatboy either, but where's the logic.?

fatslob-:O said:
Errorist76 said:

Yeah ... (You don't seem to know much about debt risk) 

Their ratings don't mean a whole lot when that agency rates their own nation as "AAA" so their definitely full of themselves ... (The only reliable credit rating agency is the big three which includes S&P, Fitch and Moody's all of which collectively control about 95% of the credit rating service market)

"They're also the biggest loan giver of the US", LOL you definitely don't have an idea of what your talking about ... 

Are you honestly disputing facts?! 

https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

"In October 2017, China owned $1.2 trillion of U.S. debt. It's the largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasury securities. The second largest holder is Japan at $1.1 trillion. "

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 19 January 2018

CaptainExplosion said:
CosmicSex said:

Okay so what I am trying to say is that your prediction seem so illogical... for everyone.  

Understand, this is all a Chinese venture.   They are not going to let him kill everyone.  Its not going to happen.

You can trust me I promise.

There's no way the Chinese government will keep their word. Look at how horrible the lives of the Chinese people are. That proof enough that one scummy government supporting an even worse one will get us all killed.

China is no better or worse than America really.  You are trapped in your fear based ideology.  I actually feel bad for you.  Its like self inflicted torture.  Always having to believe the worst about everything.  

CosmicSex said:
CaptainExplosion said:

China is no better or worse than America really.  You are trapped in your fear based ideology.  I actually feel bad for you.  Its like self inflicted torture.  Always having to believe the worst about everything.  

And those are the people talking about others being brainwashed....