By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Upcoming Nintendo Announcements Discussion - February Direct Confirmed?

Jumpin said:
There is no February Direct confirmed at this time.

No but someone who leaked last weeks Direct and the Labo presentation said a full size Direct is coming in February so it seems highly likely.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
There is no February Direct confirmed at this time.

Mini Direct was never confirmed either

Click HERE and be happy 

That Chrome guy was right not just about this Labo announcement, but he was right before that about Direct Mini announcement, so all points he right about bigger February Direct also.

Yeah, I'm not saying it isn't coming. I'm saying it isn't confirmed.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I like this combo of Mini Direct and Focused announcement. I'd honestly be happy with another 1, 2 punch of that nature down the road.

I'd like to get a firm release for Yoshi, DQXI info, and something about FE Switch before E3. I don't expect Animal Crossing, Smash, Metroid, or Pokemon content at all before then.

In fact, we might not even see all of those at E3... As always, if I get Metroid Prime 4 - I'm happy. That's been my broken recording since 2014.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

I'm guessing the february one will focus on the online and other services. Might get a game announcement or two as well though.

KLXVER said:
I'm guessing the february one will focus on the online and other services. Might get a game announcement or two as well though.

I think Nintendo will lineup the announcement of their online services closer to when it is released, since lately they have been making announcements close to the release date of games/DLC/services. If Nintendo wants to offer a more comprehensive preview version of these services before the Fall 2018 introduction then we could be seeing an announcement sooner rather than later (that would make a February reveal or some announcement close to that likely). On the other hand, if Nintendo is planning on launching the entire service in Fall right as they start charging for it, then it is more likely that we may get an announcement closer to E3 or sometime close to that.

I think their focus for the February Direct will be to reveal and/or detail some (but not all, as they will probably leave something for E3 and a Fall Direct) of the larger first-party titles and third-party titles for the year. This last point is key, because while we have a good amount of support titles currently announced, we have little to no information on titles that have bigger system selling capabilities (provided of course that Nintendo actually has some of that ready for this year). In addition, they may also dedicate part of the show to detailing some of the Labo stuff, since they did say more information will come in February.

nemo37 said:
KLXVER said:

I think Nintendo will lineup the announcement of their online services closer to when it is released, since lately they have been making announcements close to the release date of games/DLC/services. If Nintendo wants to offer a more comprehensive preview version of these services before the Fall 2018 introduction then we could be seeing an announcement sooner rather than later (that would make a February reveal or some announcement close to that likely). On the other hand, if Nintendo is planning on launching the entire service in Fall right as they start charging for it, then it is more likely that we may get an announcement closer to E3 or sometime close to that.

I think their focus for the February Direct will be to reveal and/or detail some (but not all, as they will probably leave something for E3 and a Fall Direct) of the larger first-party titles and third-party titles for the year. This last point is key, because while we have a good amount of support titles currently announced, we have little to no information on titles that have bigger system selling capabilities (provided of course that Nintendo actually has some of that ready for this year). In addition, they may also dedicate part of the show to detailing some of the Labo stuff, since they did say more information will come in February.

Have they said its fall 2018 for the online? I thought it was just TBA 2018...

KLXVER said:
nemo37 said:

I just did a quick search on it again. Nintendo of Italy pegged it for Fall 2018 on their website but later reverted it to just 2018. So I guess my info was a bit outdated.

nemo37 said:
KLXVER said:

I just did a quick search on it again. Nintendo of Italy pegged it for Fall 2018 on their website but later reverted it to just 2018. So I guess my info was a bit outdated.

Well Nintendo are still releasing several games for the first half and we are getting quite a few third party games as well. Mostly ports, but still...

I think E3 will be the next big wave of announcements.