By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Upcoming Nintendo Announcements Discussion - February Direct Confirmed?

Probably will be one in February, at least I hope there is

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

The rumors were on point so far. Yeah, I do believe that part of a big direct in february will happen. Would it be too soon to start talking about Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
The rumors were on point so far. Yeah, I do believe that part of a big direct in february will happen. Would it be too soon to start talking about Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon?

The pokemon company always likes to do what ever they want. And I think it is waaay too early. The earliest we can see it is at e3. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't want a mini direct or a direct... just a launch date for the virtual console and GTAV on Switch and I'm good.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Stuart23 said:

Pokemon will likely before reveal within a couple weeks before E3 and I can see them saving Bayonetta 3 gameplay for E3.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
Stuart23 said:

Pokemon will likely before reveal within a couple weeks before E3 and I can see them saving Bayonetta 3 gameplay for E3.

Idk i could potentially see Bayo 3 showing up with a brief trailer+release window followed by a quick promo for Bayo 1+2 saying something along the lines of,

"Bayonetta 3 releases exclusively for the Nintendo Switch this Fall but try out Bayonetta 1+2 while you wait when it releases later this month."

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

-There will be a Mini Direct on Thursday. (Labo was revealed on Thursday in Japan)

- It will be shorter than last week's Direct.

-He has no idea what's actually in it, besides "games and accessories".

These were all correct, so I'm going to assume his last point being a direct in February is aswell. Time to get hype again!

17-18 days on the year and the lineup it's already looking good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

There is no February Direct confirmed at this time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

February makes sense for a number of reasons - upcoming titles like Dragon Quest Builders, Bayonetta 1/2, and Payday 2 will all be out by the end of that month, Kirby: Star Allies and Attack On Titan 2 will be out in March, Labo is out in April (though might not make an appearance in a Direct given the focus of that product), Donkey Kong: TF and Dark Souls are out in May, and Hyrule Warriors: DE and Mario Tennis Aces lack release dates beyond "Spring". On top of that, outside of Kirby: Battle Royale and Detective Pikachu (both March) there are no first-party titles confirmed for 3DS in the Spring/Summer window, so Nintendo might want to draw attention to Radiant Historia, The Alliance Alive and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux.

I'd also expect Nintendo will do more to flesh out what's coming in June and July - things like Sushi Striker for 3DS and Ys VIII for Switch need release dates. There are also a bunch of games scheduled for 2018 like Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2, Travis Strikes Back, Wolfenstein 2, and Octopath Traveler - some of which might get a 'summer' release confirmed (though not a specific release date). I'd also expect a handful of other announcements - some more third party releases, perhaps another first party title for Switch, and something for 3DS.

What I don't think we'll see any time soon includes Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Dragon Quest XI. I expect Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are 2019 titles - I think Pokemon will be being pushed for a 2018 release but might not make it, and I'd expect either an E3 reveal or a reveal a couple of weeks prior. Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Dragon Quest XI will likely be late 2018 releases in the West, and will probably be joined by some more first party titles confirmed at E3.