By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sells 6m in Japan

Nautilus said:
Farsala said:

You are basically saying the Wii did terribly in Japan as well then. Since Wii and PS4 have similar ratios of Japan/ everything else.

Imo, the Wii did well in Japan. The PS4 is doing well in Japan. And the Switch is doing well in Europe.

Dont put words in my mouth.I never said that the PS4 is doing terrible in Japan.I said that the PS4 is not doing superb or inpressive or anything like that.Its just doing ok, much like the Wii in Japan.

I see but not many people disagree with you lol. So I am not sure the point. It is obviously not pulling DS numbers or Wii U numbers, but it is still selling well.

And your first post did say "its still somewhat low". Which suggests it is doing terribly imo, when 10m+ is good imo.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
As good as one could expect..
I also remember the time people thought it wouldn't outsell WiiU

It does matter. The Japanese sales on ps4 are important for a lot of games 

Miyamotoo said:
TheBraveGallade said:

The problem here is that japan is imopttant for all the big japanese games

Doesn't really matter, Japanese devs will keep making games regardless how PS4 performs in Japan.

Farsala said:
Nautilus said:

Dont put words in my mouth.I never said that the PS4 is doing terrible in Japan.I said that the PS4 is not doing superb or inpressive or anything like that.Its just doing ok, much like the Wii in Japan.

I see but not many people disagree with you lol. So I am not sure the point. It is obviously not pulling DS numbers or Wii U numbers, but it is still selling well.

And your first post did say "its still somewhat low". Which suggests it is doing terribly imo, when 10m+ is good imo.

Maybe I didnt express myself that well, but I wouldnt say that "somewhat low" could be understanded as terrible, but thats beyond the point.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Farsala said:

Maybe I didnt express myself that well, but I wouldnt say that "somewhat low" could be understanded as terrible, but thats beyond the point.

Maybe I just think everyone is overly negative, while I am overly positive :P.

OTBWY said:

It could reach 10 million...

...if the Switch wasn't around

Wanna bet on that?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Doesn't really matter, Japanese devs will keep making games regardless how PS4 performs in Japan.

Disagree, again, doesn't really matter beacuse Japanese devs will/would keep making games regardless how PS4 performs in Japan.

Teeqoz said:
OTBWY said:

It could reach 10 million...

...if the Switch wasn't around

Wanna bet on that?

I don't bet unless I know 100% i'm going to win. So no.

My point is that the Switch is definitely competition in that market. It's gonna make it harder for sure because of it.

OTBWY said:
Teeqoz said:

Wanna bet on that?

I don't bet unless I know 100% i'm going to win. So no.

My point is that the Switch is definitely competition in that market. It's gonna make it harder for sure because of it.

Your point can be whatever, the chance of the PS4 not crossing 10 million in Japan is tiny, regardless of the Switch. I wouldn't bet against it either. Just wanted to see if you were prepared to back up your statement.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Disagree, again, doesn't really matter beacuse Japanese devs will/would keep making games regardless how PS4 performs in Japan.

It does matter because not to the same extent. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

It does matter because not to the same extent. 

How it does matter if Japanese devs will/would keep making games regardless how PS4 performs in Japan!?