By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Aziz Ansari Is Guilty. Of Not Being a Mind Reader - NYT

Aeolus451 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Its not really accusing him of wrong doing per se, it sounded more like an odd sexual encounter that she could have apparently stopped, leave, whatever.

Defamation is hurting someone's reputation with lies, I don't think that's the case and it would be difficult to prove.

If more women come out against Aziz, then he's done. If its just one girl, then some people might think he's creepy but it shouldn't ruin his career.

I bet there is some irony here. Those of us who think this is BS probably aren't fans of him or his politics. While his fans are left leaning, so this is a movement that eats its own sometimes.

He's being accused of sexual assault and he's already blacklisted. It did damage his reputation beyond repair. I'm sure he can sue some people over this. Anyway, you're right about the left eating their own and a lot of his defenders don't like him or subscribe to his politics.

I don't believe she has any obligation to keep quiet for benefit of his career. Maybe she did this because she genuinely believes she's some sort of victim, maybe she wanted attention, I dunno. I just don't sense any legal wrong doing unless they can prove she's lying.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Aeolus451 said:

It is defamation because she accused him and he's losing work/his career over it. Either they report it to police and they investigate into the claims or they just be quiet about it. I'm getting tired of lawless witchhunts.

Its not really accusing him of wrong doing per se, it sounded more like an odd sexual encounter that she could have apparently stopped, leave, whatever.

Defamation is hurting someone's reputation with lies, I don't think that's the case and it would be difficult to prove.

If more women come out against Aziz, then he's done. If its just one girl, then some people might think he's creepy but it shouldn't ruin his career.

I bet there is some irony here. Those of us who think this is BS probably aren't fans of him or his politics. While his fans are left leaning, so this is a movement that eats its own sometimes.

The funny thing is that initial story, Harvey Weinstein, was actually done with altruistic motives. But, what I think we're seeing is a reaction from those who feel quilt about not saying anything, even though pretty much everyone in Hollywood knew about him. But, instead of actually expressing that guilt, they are reaching for anything and everything to accuse someone of sexual assault, so they also feel like a victim. Of course, you're also going to have a few who are looking for their 15 mins of fame.

There's also the obvious attempt to use this movement for political reasons, like when Meryl Streep said she doesn't want to talk about her silence, but about Ivanka and Melania's.  Of course, let's not talk about how you remained silent for decades, and profited off that silence, but bash someone else using unproven allegations. And this is the woman who gave a standing ovation to a convicted child rapist, one who fled the country to avoid going to prison. Yea, she's the model of high moral standing. The ironic thing is that this has hung far more people on the left than on the right. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Aeolus451 said:

He's being accused of sexual assault and he's already blacklisted. It did damage his reputation beyond repair. I'm sure he can sue some people over this. Anyway, you're right about the left eating their own and a lot of his defenders don't like him or subscribe to his politics.

I don't believe she has any obligation to keep quiet for benefit of his career. Maybe she did this because she genuinely believes she's some sort of victim, maybe she wanted attention, I dunno. I just don't sense any legal wrong doing unless they can prove she's lying.

When you are allegating rape or sexual assault and what happened was more on either one not voicing clear or the other not understanding before the one spoken it is closer to slandering than anything else... and she believing she is a victim holds zero relevance, unless you think someone saying "I don't feel like I raped anyone" is a sound defense on a rapist part.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If it wasnt for the title id have thought i read an extract from a cheesy romance novel like 50 shades of something.

Hunting Season is done...

Also, funny how Hollywood supposedly cares about women, yet the victims of Harvey Weinstein weren't invited to the Golden Globes. It's obvious they are more pissed at them breaking their silence, and hurting their buddy. If Harvey comes back in a year or two, claiming to be rehabilitated, they'll take him back with open arms.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Aeolus451 said:

It doesn't matter if she's lying or if she felt like a victim. She made a very public accusation of sexual assault when by her story it was a bad date. It caused damage to his career. He should make an attempt at least. If women realized that they can be sued over bogus claims, it might cut out some of the bullshit ones.

I'm just glad to be married and not have to be in the dating game anymore.

Seriously, a few months from now a first sexual intercourse will be something like this

"Man: Do I have your permission to kiss you?
Woman: Ok
Man: Do you consent to me touching your boobs and vagina?
Woman: Go ahead.
Man: I think this is the right moment for me to initiate the intercourse, can I insert my penis into your vagina?
Woman: I guess so.
Man; That doesn't work, I need a clear and precise answer from you, by the way you should speak louder and look at the camera when you answer, so that the recording can be admissible in a court of law.
Woman: Wut?"

Last edited by maxleresistant - on 17 January 2018

Aeolus451 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It doesn't matter if she's lying or if she felt like a victim. She made a very public accusation of sexual assault when by her story it was a bad date. It caused damage to his career. He should make an attempt at least. If women realized that they can be sued over bogus claims, it might cut out some of the bullshit ones.

Exactly, this social media she said/he said BS persists because people let it go consequence free. Who knows, a spurious accusation lobbed at the right person might start the legal reaction.

At any rate, this seems like another solid excuse for MGTOWs to throw a recruitment drive. The dating scene is not worth the risk of accruing job-ending accusations over super-gossip due to a single bad date.

DarthVolod said:
VGPolyglot said:

Maybe because women are more than just things to have sex with?

Perhaps, but they are not helping their case as sane rational members of the species really when it has gotten to the point where we need contracts and consent forms just to have something as simple as sex ...

BTW, I would not trust a sex contract / consent form / Legal fling or whatever. That could be thrown out in 5 sec by any judge that is biased in favor of women (basically all of them). "your honor ... he forced me to sign it..." "Throw the book at him, sexual assault / rape charges!"

Yes, because it's outrageous to ask for consent before having sex. It's not just a woman thing either, if a woman is making advances on a man or another woman, or a man is making advances on another man, they should ask for consent before they do anything.

Mr Puggsly said:
VGPolyglot said:

Maybe because women are more than just things to have sex with?

Wanting to have sex doesn't mean you perceive them solely as sexual objects.

Guys wanna have sex, this is reality. I thought women enjoyed sex as well, but maybe not as enjoyable as feeling like a victim?

Quite frankly, why would a woman let herself get undressed and have no interest in sex? I can honestly say I wouldn't let Aziz undress me, let alone attempt penetration. Makes no sense.

I didn't say that women didn't enjoy sex, but just like men, there are certain times, places, situations/circumstances and people that they want to have sex, making sure that it's what they want is the best way to avoid situations like this.

JWeinCom said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, if you go to punch someone, instead of asking them for permission first it's on the person getting punched to say they don't want to get punched?

Do I have to explain the difference between punching someone and making amorous advances on a date?

Punching someone without their consent is violence. Having sex without someone's permission (i.e. rape) is also violence.

KLXVER said:
VGPolyglot said:

Why should she have to say no first, shouldn't he ask first?

or else it turns into 20 questions every time... 

Well, if you really want the sex, you should be willnig to put up with that if that's what it takes.

pokoko said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, if you go to punch someone, instead of asking them for permission first it's on the person getting punched to say they don't want to get punched?

One of the worst analogies I've ever seen in my entire life.

I'm glad to have made you proud

VGPolyglot said:
The easiest way to avoid this is to just ask before doing everything to make sure that the other person is fine with it.

Aw man but that makes everything unsexy.  That’s not how they do it in the movies

I am Iron Man