By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Survey suggests that Pokemon Switch and Bayonetta 3 are 2018 releases

Johnw1104 said:
I'd prefer they take their time with Pokemon. The thing is, Pokemon alone will give this console a huge boost regardless of when it releases... I think a few key releases this year and maybe a hint at Pokemon in E3 and such to generate hype would be really great for them, releasing it in the third year just in case the fervor was starting to slow down.

It's kind of just their ultimate trump card, so I think making sure that the game is as solid as they can manage and holding on to it a bit longer would be in their best interest.

Yeah, they need at least one beast with the smaller titles every year to maintain momentum.

2018: Smash

2019: Pokemon

2020: Next 3D Zelda using BotW engine (already in the works

And I mean there are other heavy hitters too.  They might try to keep up the two heavy hitters a year mentality as well which could be...

2018 Smash and Mario Kart 9

2019 Pokemon and Animal Crossing

2020 New Zelda and new 3D Mario

And that is not even counting the other IPs like Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 3, Prime 4, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Xeno type project, Mario Party, 2D Mario Platformer, Smaller Zelda projects like Hyrule Warriors 2, Star Fox (an actual sequel without gimmiks), etc etc etc

I really do not see the Switch losing momentum anytime soon IF they utilize all of their IPs correctly while throwing in a few new ones too.  They can even source out their IPs to 3rd parties and get support that way too, similar to Marrio Plus Rabbids.  The possibilities are endless really.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I could see Bayonetta 3 releasing around the same timeframe as Xenoblade. A game which appeals to a more hardcore audience right before the holidays, probably with a special edition available. If they have the game finished by then I imagine Nintendo would release pokemon in late october or in november, similarly to Odyssey.

That timeframe is perfect for a big title that can push console sales. It would sell out immediately to those buying for themselves pre-holiday and gives enough time for the company to restock and advertise before holiday sales pick up.

Last edited by BerriJammi - on 16 January 2018

They need something big at the end of the year. Smash Deluxe or Animal crossing doesn't feel right.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Their gaugeing demand for Pokemon in regions? that sounds promising.
A pokemon thats finally not held back by the 3ds, should do big things for the switch.

konnichiwa said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, and now is January. :)

They use the word 'verkrijgt' what's certainly a horrible translation because it basically says 'What is the possibility that you gain this titles in the next 12 months' It seems they wanted write 'What games from this list game would you get IF they are available the next 12 months'. I would not consider it as confirmation that they release them for sure.

Well yeah, this is not confirmation but this suggesting they are coming in next this year.

Around the Network

The only Switch game I need this year is Pokemon. Gimme. Gimme NOW.

'Verkrijgt' (=obtain) is a pretty odd wording. I think they just wrote 'in de komende 12 maanden' (=in the coming 12 months) because they want to know what games people are wanting to buy soon. They probably just added Bayonetta and Pokémon because they want to know if people want to get them if they release this year. It doesn't really suggest anything.

I believe the release of those titles in 2018 is...... unlikely... but who knows ?

If Pokemon doesnt release this year, I wonder what their big holiday title foe 2018 would be.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
If Pokemon doesnt release this year, I wonder what their big holiday title foe 2018 would be.

Animal Crossing, Smash Bros or 2d Mario/Mario Maker.