By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Survey suggests that Pokemon Switch and Bayonetta 3 are 2018 releases

https://twitter.com/lipe_necrohunt/status/953038090305667078/photo/1

https://imgur.com/SVKfZnB

Nintendo has been known for trolling and teasing it’s fans lately. A recent Survey sent out by Nintendo Europe is asking players what Switch games owners of the console would purchase in the next 12 months. Amongst the list of games was Pokémon RPG and Bayonetta 3 for Nintendo Switch. Nintendo has already stated that a new Pokémon Switch game was in the works, but no official release date has been provided. The big N did say that it would be release in 2018 or later in most recent earnings call.

https://mypotatogames.com/nintendo-survey-indicates-pokemon-switch-release-2018/

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 16 January 2018

Around the Network

As far as my Dutch goes, the text above asks what the possibility is that you are going to get these games in the coming 12 months.

OTBWY said:
As far as my Dutch goes, the text above asks what the possibility is that you are going to get these games in the coming 12 months.

Yeah, and now is January. :)

If pokemon is coming out this year, Nintendo better have the facilities available to manufacture 30m Switches!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Pokemon was down on the official forecast as "2018 or 2019"; I assume Nintendo's preference is that the game ships this year.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
OTBWY said:

Yeah, and now is January. :)

They use the word 'verkrijgt' what's certainly a horrible translation because it basically says 'What is the possibility that you gain this titles in the next 12 months' It seems they wanted write 'What games from this list game would you get IF they are available the next 12 months'. I would not consider it as confirmation that they release them for sure.

Is this survey a Nintendo of Europe thing, or is it just a local survey? I don't see where I can actually answer it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I hope it's 2019... It would have a far bigger impact IMO if they put the franchise to rest 2 years. We just had US/UM released a couple of months ago.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
I hope it's 2019... It would have a far bigger impact IMO if they put the franchise to rest 2 years. We just had US/UM released a couple of months ago.

If it launched this year it'd only be a 2 year gap since Sun/Moon, which is the shortest time for a new generation ever. And considering they're developing for a much more powerful system, development times and workload should be higher.

If it is announced for this year I'd have to wonder if it was given the time and effort it deserves.

There's still a decent chance it'll come this year, but I'm leaning towards next.

I'd prefer they take their time with Pokemon. The thing is, Pokemon alone will give this console a huge boost regardless of when it releases... I think a few key releases this year and maybe a hint at Pokemon in E3 and such to generate hype would be really great for them, releasing it in the third year just in case the fervor was starting to slow down.

It's kind of just their ultimate trump card, so I think making sure that the game is as solid as they can manage and holding on to it a bit longer would be in their best interest.