By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ys VIII Collector's Edition Revealed For Nintendo Switch

Bristow9091 said:
... If this makes its way to EU I might just have to buy it on Switch instead of PS4 :o

The Switch physical version is better than the PS4 physical version since it will include the fixed translations.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Aura7541 said:

The Switch physical version is better than the PS4 physical version since it will include the fixed translations.

What do you mean fixed translations? Did they do a bodge job from JP to English or something on PS4, and if so are they really that bad?

Gah, sorry I didn't see this, but here are just a few examples from Imgur.

Aura7541 said:

Gah, sorry I didn't see this, but here are just a few examples from Imgur.

Oh this is a mess and a half.

I'm glad they're fixing it but they shouldn't give the next game to NISA

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Japan only, I assume?

No. Aside form the letter opener and box it;s the same as the PS4 LE from NIS. NIS published Japanese games in the west and does LE's for them on their website. Currently I have Lost Legion LE pre-ordered for Switch.

Aura7541 said:
Bristow9091 said:
... If this makes its way to EU I might just have to buy it on Switch instead of PS4 :o

So does PS4. It's getting an update in a couple weeks.

If anyone else is curious yes Ys does have the same MC aside form Origin and a specific timeline of events but each game aside from 1-2 is stand alone and can be enjoyed by themselves with no prior knowledge. Just know Dogi is the best character in the series. :D

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

About as good as Xenoblade 2. 

I refuse to believe that. I will get Ys 8 just to prove that it is not.

I don't think the story is quite what you're looking for, but soundtrack and gameplay are miles better than XC. That's just the nature of Falcom games though.

Keybladewielder said: 
Aura7541 said: 

Gah, sorry I didn't see this, but here are just a few examples from Imgur.

Oh this is a mess and a half.

I'm glad they're fixing it but they shouldn't give the next game to NISA

It's hard to complain much. You could still understand everything in the original localization. It wasn't unplayable. Even with the delay with the fixes, it's still coming out several months faster than had XSeed done it. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bristow9091 said:

Please tell me this is supposed to be in the game and not a translation error!

It's there. Sahad is filthy and crude as a character. He smells bad.Ys games look more innocent than they are. They do have blood and swearing but overall are not gritty. It's a nice balance of fun and serious. They can get a little dirty or dark.

Bristow9091 said:

Will you still get it if it runs 30fps instead of 60fps?

JRPGfan said:
Bristow9091 said:

If this can't run on 60fps on the Switch than the developers need to become better at their job lol. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Bristow9091 said:
JRPGfan said:

As long as it's solid 30fps then yeah. I'm not a part of this whole 30v60 thing, as long as it's a stable 30fps it's fine for me, lol :P 

you will miss out on tge trophies