By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Reviewers Wanted [Update - Vacancies Filled]

Hello VGChartz community,

First off, Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is off to a great start for all of you.

Looking back, 2017 was a great year — for games, yes — but also for the writing team here at VGChartz. We brought in new writers, we created fresh article series like Taneli's Forgotten Gems or Adam's A Look Back at..., and we reviewed dozens of games. We ended the year with a bang with our annual GOTY articles.

We plan to hit the ground running in 2018, with a project several months in the making  VGChartz Staff Picks: The Top 100 Games. This is the culmination of dozens of hours of work from the writing and admin teams. We hope you enjoy it, and we hope it sparks some constructive debate.

We also hope that you'll consider joining the team. New writers (specifically reviewers) will help us push out more projects like The Top 100 Games, and cover more games throughout 2018 and beyond. As a reviewer, you'll get the chance to contribute to the site, build up your writing portfolio, and share your professional thoughts across the series of tubes we call the internet. In addition, writers earn money based on article traffic — do keep in mind, however, we're a humble outfit and the pay is relatively modest. Finally, some big news that might make the job more enticing: the writing team has decided to embrace scored reviews once again. That means more attention for your reviews, both on VGChartz and OpenCritic.

If you're interested in applying to become a writer, please send an email to me at enorris@vgchartz.com and cc Craig Snow at csnow@vgchartz.com. Use the subject line "VGChartz Writer Application" and include 1-2 review samples. The deadline to apply is January 31st.

Last edited by Veknoid_Outcast - on 15 January 2018

Around the Network

Best of luck to those who apply I hope you get a lot of applications!

Rol should apply, his reviews are gold.

think-man said:
Rol should apply, his reviews are gold.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd love to participate in this, but my schedule is very irregular and I can't guarantee sticking to deadlines, plus I still have to improve my english before doing something like this. I will review old games as a user, though, I hope that helps. Good luck to those applying.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Would I get to review platformers?

Oh nice!To be honest with you guys, I hated the scoreless reviews.The score was something that finalized the thought, that gave a closure to the argument that was a review.And it was specially infuriating when the review was so good.

I am... interested.I would like to help the site that I love so much and also keep my writing skills sharp.Assuming you guys dont mind a more relaxed agreement, since I would be doing this in my free time.

Tagging this for later, for when I have more time to send a proper reply.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:

Oh nice!To be honest with you guys, I hated the scoreless reviews.The score was something that finalized the thought, that gave a closure to the argument that was a review.And it was specially infuriating when the review was so good.

I am... interested.I would like to help the site that I love so much and also keep my writing skills sharp.Assuming you guys dont mind a more relaxed agreement, since I would be doing this in my free time.

Definitely! There's no quota to meet, or anything like that.

We totally understand real life often gets in the way  

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Nautilus said:

Definitely! There's no quota to meet, or anything like that.

We totally understand real life often gets in the way  

On a side note, why dont you guys never considered making a podcast?Once a week or even once every two weeks, the writing team and guests get together to talk about the topics of the week or something like that.You could put the podcast here and on youtube(for being a bigger platform).I would love to hear Wright and his sexy spanish voice XD.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Do I still need to apply if I used to work here?

Though, I guess it's unlikely anyone who worked when I did is still around :p