By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Maker Sequel?

It probably will be a deluxe port

It just needs slopes

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

It would be kind of hard without a built in stylus.

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:
How 'bout no ? This game was functionally made for the WiiU using it's Gamepad as a fundamental piece of the experience. The Switch can't do something similar, thus would feel downgraded even with assets add-on in the case of an eventual sequel.

How 'bout you go away then, since everybody else says yes?

More often than not, the popular opinion is the stupidest one of them all (not saying this idea is equally dumb, but food for thought).

The problem with a port is that we would get the original game back but all the levels uploaded from the Wii U version would be gone, so it really wouldnt make a whole lot of sense to port it. So I do hope we instead get a sequel, and I hope that it includes a multiplayer mode, has more enemy and block choices, and has the option to create sequenced levels

Yerm said:
The problem with a port is that we would get the original game back but all the levels uploaded from the Wii U version would be gone, so it really wouldnt make a whole lot of sense to port it. So I do hope we instead get a sequel, and I hope that it includes a multiplayer mode, has more enemy and block choices, and has the option to create sequenced levels

What makes you say that? A port would be more likely to be compatible with previous levels, and possibly even use exactly the same server as the WiiU version wouldn't it?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Barkley said:

What makes you say that? A port would be more likely to be compatible with previous levels, and possibly even use exactly the same server as the WiiU version wouldn't it?

I don't know. I imagine it'd be really difficult to pull off.

I don't see why. LBP3 on the PS4 can play levels made in LBP1 on the PS3 6 years prior. The differences between the WiiU and Switch versions would be minor enough to make the levels easily compatible. Even a full fledged sequel sharing levels shouldn't be too difficult.

I would actually like for Super Mario Maker's sequel to be a completely different game entirely. I'd like a "Legend of Zelda Maker" where you create and share dungeons from the 8 and 16 bit Legend of Zelda games. From there, the "Maker" series could turn into a whole new franchise of games for Nintendo.

I just want local and online multiplayer

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The Switch screen has touch features, doesn´t it?
I´m sure a sequel will be made, eventually..... I hope they let us use more characters, not tied to amiibos

Nah. They made Super Mario Maker so that they did not need to make any more 2D Mario games in the first place. Expect maybe a port on Switch.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.