By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After last night, I have a confession to make...

I'm going to have to buy Dragon Quest Builders.   I played through the demo for over an hour before it ended and got invested.  I wasn't expecting to like it too much but it was relaxing, and I like creation aspects to games.  I like that there is quite a bit of story element and the graphics and enemy options are much more developed than Minecraft, it's mature counterpart.  Sleeper hit?  Guilty pleasure?  I don't know, but I foresee this taking a bit more of my time than some of the more obvious choices.

Around the Network

I want to get Dragon Quest Builders, but I feel like I should hold off until 2 releases. I'll put it in my backlog for now and see if I can hold off long enough for the sequel to release.

I'd also actually like to play Dragon Quest XI before I get it so I'm more familiar/a fan of the franchise by the time I play it.

I haven't played a Dragon Quest game since the NES when it was Dragon Warrior, but the design choices made since then are relatively charming. I'll probably pick up XI too.

I was expecting something more spicy. xD

Nem said:
I was expecting something more spicy. xD

Apparently you haven't played the Dragon Quest Builders demo. lol. jk

Around the Network

I accept your confession. Next. :)

Love the title

DQ heroes is great aswell, try it especially the second one, I am not a fan of DQ but i love side projects ^^'.

I've played the demo, and I'm not convinced. Maybe a bit too grindy for me, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll wait for a heavy digital discount.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
I've played the demo, and I'm not convinced. Maybe a bit too grindy for me, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll wait for a heavy digital discount.

I think you have to be ready to play one of those games.  After the start/stop linear action of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it is nice to have a more relaxed creation experience.  I understand that portion is mainly tutorial driven, but I'm curious where all it will go and how it will balance freedom and story.