By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft releases a new home console, what should it be called?

What should the next Xbox be called?

Xbox -1 2 3.85%

Xbox 4k 4 7.69%

Xbox 10 3 5.77%

Xbox 1 2 Switch 7 13.46%

Xbox Infinity 11 21.15%

Other 25 48.08%

Total:52

Xbox Zero.
Xbox ZX.
Xbox Original.
Xbox First.
Xbox Box.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Xbox 4000 like 90's products xD.
But a good name could be Xbox Core.
(I really never liked the Xbox One's name (ツ)_/¯ )

Last edited by eddy7eddy - on 13 January 2018

The Xbox. That would be wonderful, it would be saying "hey, this is THE Xbox, you gotta get this one" It would in no way confuse anyone when talking about Xbox consoles because none of them are already called The Xbox. Everyone would ignore the PS5, that looks like PSS and it isn't even THE PS5.

I have sources that tell me the above is the actually a leaked transcript of how Microsoft have decided their next console name.

caffeinade said:

Xbox.

Generations are dead.

Until the next 180. Now that I said it.

XBox 180!!!

Around the Network

XBOX 365 X10

Xbox Please Buy This One

The "Phil Spencer 5" and PS5 for short.

Don't know what it is, but something tells that something with the name PS5 would sell gang busters.

All of your poll choices suck so....

Guess #1:

Xbox 5

That's it. No more crazy names as they move to numbers only. They'll skip '4' because they'll argue the 'X' was a major power version and this will allow them to catch Sony in the number game.

Guess #2:

Xbox 4000

Get it? 4K. O_O

Guess #C:

Xbox Infinity

Think about it. First they had 'Xbox' which we all would consider Xbox "1" had they used traditional numbering scheme. This was followed by Xbox 360 which could also be considered a circle (360 degrees). That was followed by ... you guessed it, Xbox ONE! So now they will repeat the pattern with something similar but not identical to '360' a circle or ... infinity. :) The marketing will focus on the infinite power this machine has due to streaming focus of its gameplay as it will use the power of the magical cloud. They'll also re-introduce the all digital concepts of the One but in a manner that learns from their previous lessons of people who still want physical shit. Xbox Live will have tiers similar to game rental companies but the rentals will of course just be digital copies.

Say it with me... Infinity... XI.

Xbox X2