By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 23 December 2017

So:
-Switch will surpass the 12 million mark before years end, thats for sure.
-Will definately and easily overcome WiiU (and probably Vita's) sales before it completes 1 year on the market.
-Is securing a decent and steadily increasing 3rd party support.
-Is topping the quality charts by launching some of the best titles available anywhere...

What is there still to doubt? We are all videogame fans, isn't this good for everyone of us?
When was the last time we have seen the vg market so alive?

Enjoy this moment guys, I'm convinced it will get even better in terms of variety and quality of the software available on all consoles...

Last edited by Tryklon - on 13 January 2018

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network
Tryklon said:

So:
-Switch will surpass the 12 million mark before years end, thats for sure.
-Will definately and easily overcome WiiU (and probably Vita's) sales before it completes 1 year on the market.
-Is securing a decent and steadily increasing 3rd party support.
-Is topping the quality charts by launching some of the best titles available anywhere...

What is there still to doubt? We are all videogame fans, isn't this good for everyone of us?
When was the last time we have seen the vg market so alive?

Enjoy this moment guys, I'm convinced it will get even better in terms of variety and quality of the software available on all consoles...

The last time the market was so alive was during the DS, PSP, PS3, X360 and Wii Area

all of the above did more than 80 million units sold.

but yeah Nintendo is helping the market to stay alive beside with the PS4.

That's some great sales all around but the Switch is a first year monster.

RolStoppable said:
Aeolus451 said:

Last time I checked, Europe is not called France.

Did you check which continent it belongs to?

Its part of europe were the PS4 totally destroys the switch

Last edited by Pillertriller - on 13 January 2018

this thread is interesting.....

Around the Network

Those Swith numbers in Japan are amazing

Yo, them wii sales in Japan is crazy, Sony better watch their back.

RolStoppable said:
Aeolus451 said:

Nope. Just that your point about France doesn't really counter "There's nothing nintendo can do about Europe" .

But it does. Since the GfK numbers for France have been revealed, all of Europe has been adjusted up by VGC. This in turn means that Switch is doing well in Europe, so portraying Europe as a worrisome region for Nintendo has no basis in reality.

I think the point is the Switch is doing its best in Europe in France with all other countries much weaker. So by mentioning only France you skew the data to be more positive for the Switch rather than give a realistic portrayal of whats happening. I don't know about elsewhere in the world but from what I've read/heard the Switch in Europe is selling to a lower age demographic so Christmas with parents buying presents is going to give high numbers for Switch that may not represent its year round sales in comparison to ps4 and xbox one that sell to a wider age audience in Europe. 

Also with regard the ps4 I believe its likely the ps4 pro will become the default ps4 at some point with the standard ps4 phased out so there is no reason to think the ps4 is in its last peak year it could well increase numbers with both new owners and those upgrading to pro. The pro performance level is still good for many years yet.

There is also the possibility that the Xbox X will be more aggressively priced to and gain significant sales and the Switch may get a significant hardware update that both lowers the price and improves portability and could cause a huge increase in sales. All 3 are still in the game so to speak but Europe definitely isn't a comparable region to US or Japan with regards the Switch yet. It will be interesting to see how its all changed a year from now. I still expect ps4 to be top in sales for Europe at least. 

Nintendo dominating Japan!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Even when 'underperforming' PS4 is still on top!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'