By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo Direct Mini 1/11/2018!

Out of 10

10 6 4.76%

9 10 7.94%

8 28 22.22%

7 31 24.60%

6 19 15.08%

5 8 6.35%

4 9 7.14%

3 6 4.76%

2 6 4.76%

1 3 2.38%

Total:126

7/10

SNKH, TWEWY, DSR, FE and Kirby are what I'll pick up.

Around the Network

Haven't seen it, can't be bothered to watch it. Still rated 10/10 just to piss some people off.

=)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I would say 7.5, I would gave 8.5 if there is no huge hype days before and if we know this will be Mini Direct instead of full Direct.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 January 2018

I'd give it a 8/10, considering my expectations were lowered, yet the presentation turned out better than E3 2015. I actually wanna buy some of these, especially DKTF and TWEWY.

shikamaru317 said:

4/10 for me. Ys. 8 and the SNK girl fighter game look pretty good, but the rest is meh. Still no virtual console, still no Switch ports for the remaining Wii U games I care about (TMS#FE, Fatal Frame 5, and Smash Bros.), still no update on Fire Emblem which is supposedly a 2018 release (delay to 2019 pretty much guaranteed due to the no-show today), no update on Retro's next project, no update on Pokemon.

I don't feel this way at all.

At this time last year, we didn't even know Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a thing, and it came out in December.

Mario Odyssey was official announced in January and came in October. Samus Returns was announced in June and came in September. 

Pikman 4, Breath of the Wild, and "New game by Retro" are the counter-arguments, but just because they're not talking, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't coming soon. 

Around the Network

3/10.

In terms of new games worth buying, the first half of 2018 seems a barren wasteland that takes me back to the bad old days of Wii U.

Looks like my Switch will be collecting dust for some time.

Excellent.
Even whonkey kong didn't botter me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

No Metroid Prime, no Pokemon Switch, no Animal Crossing Switch... no interest.

curl-6 said:

3/10.

In terms of new games worth buying, the first half of 2018 seems a barren wasteland that takes me back to the bad old days of Wii U.

Looks like my Switch will be collecting dust for some time.

Honestly, that happens with every console I've ever had. The last half of 2017 my PS4 was collecting dust while playing Switch. Now, I guess that I'll play PS4 games like MH:World (maybe, I'm not sure about that yet) and clear some backlog. I think we must acknowledge that 2017 was pretty insane and unparalelled in terms of new and huge first party games in a short time. I think we might ready themselves for the last half, because I think that'd be pretty good too. 

I'm still pretty happy with the Direct. I mean, it's not 2017 levels of insanity, but there're some games I'm eager to play. Specially Kirby which looks dope, The World Ends With You, which I haven't had the opportunity to play yet; and Dark Souls: Remastered, because a portable DS is a fucking dream. I'll certainly buy Bayonetta games in February, I really want to double-dip on those games. I have a wait and see approach with Mario Tennis, but this at least feels like it has way more work than the WiiU game, which was mediocre at best. And I'm sure we'll hear about more games to come. WiiU had much, much worse days tbh.

7/10
Mostly because as a WiiU owner, there's a lot of double dipping to be done.
I really want DKTP on the go, it's a fantastic game, but like with Rayman Legends (the OTHER absolutely fantastic WiiU platformer) I'm goign to wait for the price to go down or maybe pick it up used.
Not a Kirby fan, so that doesn't really do much for me and I'd rather have seen Yoshi, but I get that they have to spread them out.
Mario tennis looks interesting this time around. That jungle aerea looks gorgeous (did they recicle some Odyssey assets a la Captain Toad for this one? It looks like the same engine at least) and I'm so happy there's a story mode.

Dark Souls is a must, though.

But then again I'm not even finished with BOTW, MO and M+R yet, so a calmer start to 2018 gives me time to work on my backlog.