By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz' free iphone giveaway

Do you experience these popups on mobile devices?

Yes (Apple) 5 41.67%

No (Apple) 0 0%

Yes (Android) 2 16.67%

No (Android) 3 25.00%

Yes (other) 0 0%

No (other) 2 16.67%

Total:12
jason1637 said:
monocle_layton said:

I did it as a way to poke fun at it without being too cynical. With several people experiencing this I hope a mod comments and addresses it 

I messed Trucks about these types of ads on discord like a week ago. He said he reported the issue to ioi. Hopefully it gets fixed.

I'm glad to hear that. It sucked not being able to browse on here for a few weeks

Around the Network

I don't use adblock, but I don't get things like these. Only normal ads, right in the place where they belong, no ads covering things and no pop-ups either. All of the ads seem safe too, I never get any scams.

I literally blocked VGC on my phone just in case I forget that VGC on mobile is crap

Hopefully things will improve soon though

I thought this was an actual iPhone giveaway...

Anyway, I never use vgchartz on my phone. Its still a bloody mess to use (and I'm tired of seeing ads about desperate Russian ladies, like give some other people a chance maybe?).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Not that exact ad, but something pops up that I've won something, and you have no choice but to hit OK, and there is no way to go back to VG chartz at that point. I have to force quite the ap.

It comes up everytime after about 10 seconds on a forum post.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
I literally blocked VGC on my phone just in case I forget that VGC on mobile is crap

I hope so. A shame since most people use their phones nowadays for browser viewing

barneystinson69 said:

Anyway, I never use vgchartz on my phone. Its still a bloody mess to use (and I'm tired of seeing ads about desperate Russian ladies, like give some other people a chance maybe?).

Sorry I'm not that rich yet. Maybe later I'll give an old iphone 4g and be generous for a day.

Also, I'm thankful I haven't seen russian ladies yet. Those ads always have women who appear to be twice my age lmao.

epicurean said:
Not that exact ad, but something pops up that I've won something, and you have no choice but to hit OK, and there is no way to go back to VG chartz at that point. I have to force quite the ap.

It'd be alright if it was once in a blue moon, but I get it often as well. Highly frustrating honestly

monocle_layton said:
Teeqoz said:

I hope so. A shame since most people use their phones nowadays for browser viewing

barneystinson69 said:

Sorry I'm not that rich yet. Maybe later I'll give an old iphone 4g and be generous for a day.

Also, I'm thankful I haven't seen russian ladies yet. Those ads always have women who appear to be twice my age lmao.

epicurean said:

It'd be alright if it was once in a blue moon, but I get it often as well. Highly frustrating honestly

I noticed last night it wasn't doing it! Maybe someone fixed something or that ad got removed.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS