By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And who was it that said exclusives were not important?

Anybody ever heard of the term "console seller". Yeah, that's why exclusives ARE important. And yes, KLAMarine is right...that, of course, implies they are great games and people are urging to play them.

Only having exclusives for the sake of having exclusives, mediocre ones and especially timed, rarely works out, as we all know. That's why dedication and variety are so important and that's why Sony and Nintendo are so successful.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

Exclusives aren't that important. Yeah, I said it. WiiU said it too.

Here's what IS definitely important, I'm about to blow your mind. You ready?: games people want to play.

The best-selling titles on the PS3 and 360 weren't exclusives, they were multi-plats: CoD, GTA, Sports games.

In addition, I recall in the early months of the gen, the X1 had a few more exclusives than the PS4 did. How'd that work out?

But Nintendo continues to make console hardware including the WiiU because of their exclusives.  Nintendo's primary credibility is their ability to crank out quality first and second party titles.  So even with the relative failure of the WiiU, Nintendo is still in the hardware business because consumers want to play their GAMES which happens to be exclusives.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
LivingMetal said:

You don't have to be in the top 20 to be a quality exclusive.

Never said ya had to be.

KrspaceT said:

Plus a top 20 game list for a system that sells like the PS4 is a bit different given how many games are on that thing that sell a lot. The 20th best selling game per  VGchartz is WatchDogs at 4.32 million. Games under that that sold 4 or 3 million are hardly lacking in effectiveness. 

But the vast majority of those games are still multiplat 3rd party games.

So why is the Switch outselling the Xbox One?

Bandorr said:
vivster said:

Trolls don't count.

If a troll said "Trolls don't count" would that count? I mean you can't take them seriously because they "don't count". But if aren't taking them seriously they "do count". But if they do count.. then you have to take them serious. But you can't take them serious.

Wow that is an infinite loop.  Hypothetically speaking..

;)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

LivingMetal said:
KLAMarine said:

Exclusives aren't that important. Yeah, I said it. WiiU said it too.

Here's what IS definitely important, I'm about to blow your mind. You ready?: games people want to play.

The best-selling titles on the PS3 and 360 weren't exclusives, they were multi-plats: CoD, GTA, Sports games.

In addition, I recall in the early months of the gen, the X1 had a few more exclusives than the PS4 did. How'd that work out?

But Nintendo continues to make console hardware including the WiiU because of their exclusives.  Nintendo's primary credibility is their ability to crank out quality first and second party titles.  So even with the relative failure of the WiiU, Nintendo is still in the hardware business because consumers want to play their GAMES which happens to be exclusives.

And one exclusive sold the Switch alone for a good long while, lest we forget Breath. people aren't buying the Switch for FIFA

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

There's still some people that say exclusives don't matter so we still need threads like this to showcase the truth.

Aeolus451 said:
There's still some people that say exclusives don't matter so we still need threads like this to showcase the truth.

Strawman thread INDEED...!

CGI-Quality said:
SKMBlake said:

Actualy, I was trying to point out the exact opposite. 

PS4 exclusives, the big ones, won't be forgotten either. Stuff like Bloodborne, Horizon, Uncharted 4, and The Last of Us Part II will be talked about long after the generation has concluded. Much like Mario, Splatoon, or Zelda.

In fact, I never get the notion that a console's best will somehow be "forgotten".

I'm not saying all of the PS4 exclusives will be forgotten (that's why I wrote "I wonder how many"), and, as a person who is a huge fan of the God Of War, Uncharted and Gran Turismo series, I know how good Playstation exclusives can be and how they entered the list of the greatest games ever.

You should ask someone else😎

LivingMetal said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Never said ya had to be.

But the vast majority of those games are still multiplat 3rd party games.

So why is the Switch outselling the Xbox One?

For a variety of reasons, but before I spend effort answering, I'd like to know what this has to do with anything? Unlike Xbox and Playstation, exclusives, or more specifically Nintendo games, are the driving force behind Nintendo systems.