By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And who was it that said exclusives were not important?

The following news article is two days old while it might have already been posted so sorry for the repost.  Been away for a while.  But it supports the notion that exclusives play a noticeable part to the success of a console which is a view I subscribe to.  read on.

PS4 exclusives see Sony gain ground on Microsoft’s Xbox One

According to MCV, with data provided by GFK Charttrack, PS4 game sales have risen 6.6 percent in 2017 compared to the previous year.

Meanwhile, Xbox One game sales have slumped by 11.1 percent year-on-year. The big difference between the two consoles were the exclusive titles released.

Some of the PS4 exclusive in 2017 included Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh and Gran Turismo Sport, all of which were reported to have sold well. According to data on Finder, PS4 had 103 console exclusives in 2017. Meanwhile, Xbox One had 67 console exclusives.

According to the latest figures released in December, Sony has now sold over 70.6 million consoles since release, and over 600 million games. Meanwhile PSVR sales continue to be steady with approximately two million units sold since release, and 12.2 million games.

In 2018, Sony is set to release more console exclusives, including Death Stranding, Days Gone and God of War.

Source: MCV, Finder

https://www.psu.com/news/ps4-exclusives-see-sony-gain-ground-microsofts-xbox-one/

Around the Network

No one said that. Except maybe Xbox fanboys in the first 2 years of PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Every Xbox owner. 

I dont recall anybody saying they weren't.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

vivster said:

The first Two years of the PS4 was the whole "PS4 has no games" period that haters would try to preach.  It couldn't have been the XBox fans at that time.

If it were XBox centric individuals, I say it would be when Quantum Break flopped, Scalebound got canceled, and Halo 5/Gears 4 disappointed many fans.  Also the lack of any real known exclusives in development at this time aside from Forza/Gears/Halo.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

To me, they are the single most important thing. They literally dictate which consoles I buy.

Strawman: The Thread

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Strawman: The Thread

yup, this.

Hiku said:
vivster said:
zorg1000 said:
I dont recall anybody saying they weren't.

IkePoR just recently made the claim in this news article:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/270951/playstation-4-sales-surpass-the-3ds/?expand_comment=548860&#comment_548860

"Anyone thinking exclusives (besides maybe Bloodborne) sell the PS4 is delusional."

Trolls don't count.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think "Spiderman, God of War, Last of US part 2" will show otherwise.