By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart - DECEMBER 9TH 2017

quickrick said:
CGI-Quality said:

Plenty suggest it'll beat the PS4 in those regions when all is said and done - starting with the fact that it's selling faster than the PS4 in those areas. Couple that with its hybrid status and it doesn't take Rocket Science to foresee that outcome.

in japan of course. in the US, no way, it won't have nearly the legs the ps4 has, and nintedo released most of there system sellers this year and is 100$ cheaper then ps4. reminds on n64, where it had a amazing first year then it fell off.

Every time the Switch achieves another success, you're the first guy to come to every topic to say how bad sales will be and how these success don't mean anything

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
quickrick said:

in japan of course. in the US. no way, it won't have nearly the legs the ps4 has, and nintedo released most of there system sellers this year, reminds on n64, where it had a amazing first year then it fell off.

You don't know what kind of legs the Switch will have. Next, the, "most of their system sellers" talk is nonsense. If you think it can't (or won't) get better than that, you haven't been paying attention, don't know the selling power of their IPs, or willfully choose ignorance. Pick your poison.

i don't think nintedo will ever have a line up this good again in one year, these games are some of the highest rated ever, and there sales are something else. we never had a 3d mario sell this good, same for zelda. 4 games that will sell over 10 million is pretty amazing. only  splatoon might not get there. i would like to see what games nintendo has for 2018 that will match 2017. time will prove who right though.

Nice to see consistent weeks above 1 Million units. Was the Wii the last platform to do that?

CGI-Quality said:
quickrick said:

i have no idea why you think that. nothing suggests it will beat ps4 when its all said and done. as for these numbers we have insiders saying switch is selling better December, DOES vgchartz have insider information too.

Plenty suggest it'll beat the PS4 in those regions when all is said and done - starting with the fact that it's selling faster than the PS4 in those areas. Couple that with its hybrid status and it doesn't take Rocket Science to foresee that outcome.

I think people are reading too much into this too early into this race.

And more so I think its being grossly taken for granted the importace of the switch's launch. Its easy looking at the first ten months and saying its selling faster in NA, but that observation is flawed if you don't take into account that you are looking at a $300 console vs a $400 in its first 10 months and that you are looking at a launch  window coupled with a holiday season in those first 10 months for NS as opposed to a launch window followed by a holiday season over a year later for PS4

I think looking at both consoles first 14 months on the market will give a better indication of who is selling faster in NA. That way both would have enjoyed a launch window and a holiday season.

quickrick said:

i don't think nintedo will ever have a line up this good again in one year, these games are some of the highest rated ever, and there sales are something else. we never had a 3d mario sell this good, same for zelda. 4 games that will sell over 10 million is pretty amazing. only  splatoon might not get there. i would like to see what games nintendo has for 2018 that will match 2017. time will prove who right though.

Nintendo still has 2D Mario, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Smash Bros to play with ... 

The dust will be settled soon enough once those are released ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
quickrick said:

Nintendo still has 2D Mario, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Smash Bros to play with ... 

i honestly  don't see smash, and 2d mario having much of an impact, i think majority of those fans already picked   up a switch for mario odyssey, mario kart and zelda, especially with all the critical acclaim, and hype those 2 games got. it's hard to judge switch because wii sold to the motion control fad period. its been along time since normal nintedo console did amazing in the US.

CGI-Quality said:
quickrick said:

You get hung up on being right, usually basing it on nothing but hopes and dreams. I prefer to look at the data and draw conclusions.

naw i look at trends. 

quickrick said:

i honestly  don't see smash, and 2d mario having much of an impact, i think majority of those fans already picked   up a switch for mario odyssey, mario kart and zelda, especially with all the critical acclaim, and hype those 2 games got.  

But you still agree that the Switch still has potential with at least Animal Crossing and Pokemon, right ? 

I could see the argument against 2D Mario and maybe Smash Bros boosting hardware sales but even then it might be enough for the Switch to at least drop dead at 50M units total in it's lifetime even with a price cut to $199 ... 

Looks like 2018 will be the peak year for the PS4 and XBO and the Switch should end up around 13m. 2017 will go down as a really good year for the industry.

quickrick said:
fatslob-:O said:

i honestly  don't see smash, and 2d mario having much of an impact, i think majority of those fans already picked   up a switch for mario odyssey, mario kart and zelda, especially with all the critical acclaim, and hype those 2 games got. it's hard to judge switch because wii sold to the motion control fad period. its been along time since normal nintedo console did amazing in the US.

1. Smash Bros gave Wii its biggest non-holiday month.

2. 2D Mario gave Wii its biggest holiday period.

3. Its a good thing Switch isnt a "normal" console.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.