Forums - General Discussion - What is this new VG$ on every profile?

kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

He's definitely not teasing you.

Now that the GameDB is back, I'm going to do some general housekeeping around here (both with the DB and the overall website) and knock out some bugs and enhancement requests for the next few weeks. After which, I plan to turn my attention to the next big project: Resurrection of the Prediction League!!

Maybe up and running by early March? Depends on how involved some of the general enhancements I want to work on, really are - and of course, it depends on how much work/testing is required to get the PL back up and running...   

...Kirby007 for Prediction League Admin? ;)

I actually ran an illegal version of the PL for certain period with a fake vg$ and it actually was pretty fun, i need to see if i have my old sheets from that somewhere

"Illegal version"?? What were you up to?!?!? LOL!!!!

....and well, I was only half-joking with the Prediction League Admin. You're one of the few "old timers" around here, that actually remembers the league and whoever the admin eventually is, really ought to have some experience right from the start!  :)

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

I actually ran an illegal version of the PL for certain period with a fake vg$ and it actually was pretty fun, i need to see if i have my old sheets from that somewhere

....and well, I was only half-joking with the Prediction League Admin. You're one of the few "old timers" around here, that actually remembers the league and whoever the admin eventually is, really ought to have some experience right from the start!  :)

well illegal might be a big word I simply used the Vg$ without trademark  :p
and i just copied the concept of all consoles/handhelds and a few different games each week
on top of that noone was around who had the orginal sheets so I had to start from scratch with the payoutcalculation
if i could only remember which year that was it would be easy to trace back

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

Will the use of counterfeit VG$ be a bannable offense soon? XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

theDX said:
I think it increases every time you say something nice about me.

Your avatar rocks.

(Where's my money?)

I am currently sigless.

It's that Internet money us Canadians have been waiting for for so long!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:

and i just copied the concept of all consoles/handhelds and a few different games each week
on top of that noone was around who had the orginal sheets so I had to start from scratch with the payoutcalculation

Saw the post on my - very cool!

Having the PL back will obviously by a tremendous help as all of the calculations will be automated. Hard to remember ALL of the details of how it all worked, but I believe all the PL Admin had to do was pick and choose which games to be included in the week's event. I'm sure there was more to it (including the ability to kick jerkoffs from the league, entirely) - but even for all the drama you've caused over the past decade, I still think you would make an ideal admin for this... :)

TalonMan said:
kirby007 said:

Having the PL back will obviously by a tremendous help as all of the calculations will be automated. Hard to remember ALL of the details of how it all worked, but I believe all the PL Admin had to do was pick and choose which games to be included in the week's event. I'm sure there was more to it (including the ability to kick jerkoffs from the league, entirely) - but even for all the drama you've caused over the past decade, I still think you would make an ideal admin for this... :)

So that's how it is. kirby007 is considered to receive a promotion despite ~100 temporary bans and ~50 permabans spread across several dozens of accounts, but I couldn't possibly be trusted.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

So that's how it is. kirby007 is considered to receive a promotion despite ~100 temporary bans and ~50 permabans spread across several dozens of accounts, but I couldn't possibly be trusted.

You've already been promoted to Ruepel, though.

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

Lies and slander

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

How many bans/perms/alts have you had? Do you really think you're the person to start this particular conversation??? LOL!!!

...and I'm talking about the PREDICTION LEAGUE - not MODERATOR! Kirby has actually shown a genuine INTEREST in this particular feature - hence, my willingness (and frankly, desire) to get him on board with managing something like this.

Other than to shake me down for a mod promotion - what, exactly, have you shown an interest in doing?