By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Fans: What are you looking forward to this year?

Pretty self explanatory.

So 2018 is the 6th available year for the Xb1, what's marked on your calendars?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I’m not sure if I’m getting Sea of Thieves yet but I’m keeping an eye on it.

I am hoping Crackdown 3 turns out good. Like I’ve said before though, it’s got such a bizarre development and so little has been shown, wouldn’t be surprised at all if it slips out of 2018 or is canceled entirely.

Very much looking forward to SoD2. Probably the biggest game anticipation I’ve had since the first Titanfall. It’s gonna be epic.

There were a lot of smaller, indie titles MS showed off at E3 that are supposed to be 2018 like Darwin Project, Ashen, and Last Night. I plan on getting a Scorpio whenever I replace the 4k TV my son broke, so when I do get it I have a big backlog to start/finish playing. Quantum Break, Halo Wars 2, Shadow of War, Gears 4, Recore, Doom, Fallout, among others. I’ll also finally buy a Forza game this gen, probably 7.

Tons of good third party games. Metro stands out, and maybe Anthem if it launches 2018. Red Dead 2, FarCry 5. If the new Virtual On game that launches on PS4/Vita comes to the US, I’ll buy if it’s any good. VC4 as well. I also look forward to finally seeing what the Zelda fuss is about since I have a Switch now.

Sea of Thieves (used to love Rare so I'm hopeful this can be a renaissance for them)
Far Cry 5
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (played it at E3 and sat in on a dev presentation, seem like it's got a lot of potential)
Might try PUBG
Maybe Monster Hunter World eventually, though I'm already up to my neck in RPGs

There's still a handful of games in my backlog that I've pushed off to the side between Switch coming out and all the games I've been reviewing like Forza Horizon 3, Cup Head, Rare Replay, and Far Cry Primal so I still gotta burn through a good chunk of those.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Right now, Dragon Ball Fighter Z!

Lets see..

Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
RDR2
Ori 2 if it releases this year
Metro Exodus
Darksiders 3
Jurassic World Evolution
PUBG

I may not buy all these games, but these are the ones on the top of my list and will keep an eye on.

Around the Network

for me, its:
Farcry 5
Read Dead Redemption
PUBG once the framerate gets more stable
The Crew 2 (the first one was a letdown, so I'm only cautiously optimistic
State of Decay 2
Forza Horizon 4
and I loved crackdown 1, so dare I say......Crackdown 3.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It's going to be a great year for the Xbox one X. It's not so much the exclusive games but rather having the best consoles version of 3rd party games.

Monster Hunter: World - January 26, 2018.

Sea of Thieves - March 20, 2018.... Cross play with PC
A way out - March 23, 2018
Far cry 5 - March 27, 2018

Red dead Redemption 2 - Spring 2018

Microsoft E3 2018 press conference
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Summer 2018
Jurassic World Evolution - Summer 2018

State of Decay 2 - Fall 2018
Metro: Exodus - Fall 2018
Anthem - Fall 2018
Forza Horizon 4 ( Japan) - Fall 2018

Sea of Thieves is my most anticipated game in years.

Games I'm getting this year
Dragonball Fighter Z
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3
Ori and the will of the wisps
CoD BO4
New Battlefield
Forza Horizon 4

Red Dead Redemption 2

The last Night

Ashen

Announcements I'm looking forward to

Fable 4
Gears 5
Halo 6
Banjo
Perfect Dark

Last edited by jason1637 - on 05 January 2018

Sea of theives seems to be the main recurring thing, what would be the best comparison game too it?

Cartoon styled black flag online?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'