By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For non VR players. Are you interested and if so what headset?

Planning on a Vive Purchase 4 4.76%

Planning on an oculus purchase 1 1.19%

Planning on a PSVR purchase 20 23.81%

Mobile VR for me. 0 0%

Waiting for a new iterati... 16 19.05%

Waiting on games. 4 4.76%

Don't have the money but want to buy into VR 6 7.14%

Not interested. 33 39.29%

Total:84
Ka-pi96 said:
Not interested and won't ever be interested.

I'll save that post for later. Kind of an ignorant comment.

Ka-pi96 said: 
John2290 said: 

Can bears drift in VR? Apparently not. Seriously though, why?

Because I don't want something strapped to my head. I want to be able to see my controller. I want to be able to see my TV remote and easily change settings. I like to multitask and do other things while gaming. And of course the kinds of games I like (3rd person turn based RPGs, sports games (playing as whole team), strategy games and text sims) would undoubtedly be made worse with vr.

Most of those points are addressed by newer headsets with stereo cameras. One can see the controllers in some PSVR games. In others it's simply immersion breaking and not benefitial. I think you're just fishing or excuses.

If you don't like the games, ok..might be possible..although it sounds as if you haven't even tried any yet.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 10 January 2018

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Errorist76 said:

I'll save that post for later. What an ignorant comment.

Do you call everybody that doesn't like something "ignorant"?

No, but it's kind of ignorant to assume you will never like it, which I can already promise you won't become true and sounds as ignorant as if some guy in the 30ies said he'd never watch television, because he doesn't like it.

Ka-pi96 said:
Errorist76 said:

No, but it's kind of ignorant to assume you will never like it, which I can already promise you won't become true and sounds as ignorant as if some guy in the 30ies said he'd never watch television, because he doesn't like it.

It's not hard to know whether you'd like something or not. I know that I wouldn't like driving a car, so I never have and never will drive one. And I also know I wouldn't like vr.

Wow...ok...I.... guess I'm done with arguing.

But no..knowing if one would like VR without having tried it is simply impossible.

That said, I would probably avoid driving a car as well if would have to drive on the wrong side of the road *ugly*

Ka-pi96 said:
John2290 said:

Now I can't take you seriously, If you've never driven a car how would you know you won't like driving? Wait, don't answer that because no matter what you say it'll only sound silly to me. Might as well never try anything new, eh, unless you "know" you'll like it first. Not even talking about VR anymore because that's an awful way to live in actual reality.

Because there's nothing you don't know that you'd dislike without trying it first? Something either sounds fun to do, or it doesn't. If it doesn't sound fun and it costs a lot or is difficult then surely it's best to just not do that thing, no?

It doesn't sound fun to be a pilot, be a race car driver (ok, probably not for you! ha), live in fantastic worlds instead of just watching them?! Then why are you gaming in the first place?!

I might be interested in VR one day, but I need much better games than what I've seen. Right now I'm not interested at all.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Holy shit. How did we all miss this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLTxWoEJKgk

I didn't...but this guy is a German nerd and I am too ;o)

Definitely curious about it..not out yet but looks much more promising than overhyped HoloLens with its tiny FOV. Still trying not to get too hyped until it's out and proves to be amazing. AR/MR will be interesting next to VR but I'm not sure if I care for it yet.

I disagree on one point though...it does not look cool at all.

Meh.

VR is no different than Kinect or 3D. Short lived features that will pass with time. I don't see the mass consumer ever jumping into these until it can be done without any extra effort or devices.

A perfect example of this is motion. It's just built into the existing controllers and therefore can be utilized without impact to the consumer. This way a game creator can use it where it makes sense or ignore it.

superchunk said:
Meh.

VR is no different than Kinect or 3D. Short lived features that will pass with time. I don't see the mass consumer ever jumping into these until it can be done without any extra effort or devices.

A perfect example of this is motion. It's just built into the existing controllers and therefore can be utilized without impact to the consumer. This way a game creator can use it where it makes sense or ignore it.

Hahaha that's so ridiculous. GDC is full of VR, CES is full of VR. Can't remember that be the case for Kinect or 3D. 

You deniers forget that it doesn't need to be a mass market product from the beginning to be successful. I actually can't believe people with this mindset still exist.

Price is the most deciding factor.

I'm very interested in VR.

I plan to buy either Oculus Rift or HTC Vive since I'm a PC gamer. But you never know...

Not really for me. After watching Sword Art Online and reading manga similar to that, I feel I'd only be satisfied when VR reaches that point. Playing with a head set and controllers in hand doesn't seem that appealing to me.

Also, I've only tried smartphone style headsets before.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread