By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's diversity with its exclusive games is becoming uhhh non-diverse as before

Is Sony becoming a little too non-diverse?

Absolutely YASSSS 4 12.50%

Nintendo is even more div... 2 6.25%

Maybe 1 3.13%

A little 0 0%

Sony is the king of diver... 12 37.50%

Not really 13 40.63%

Total:32
TallSilhouette said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

How am I reaching? You think the long development of Playstation exclusive games are just fairy tales and dreams.

By implying development time somehow has anything to do with diversity...

Nintendo retreating to mobile? Jeez. Switch is a console. A hybrid.

It's a glorified handheld with a tv out (something you could do back on the PSP). For a handheld, it's great. For a home console, it sucks ass.

Saying Switch is not a threat is just laughable at best. That thing still has no smartphone functionality yet. Imagine the iterations? That could kill Playstation if they don't try a little harder.

The facts say otherwise.

It's actually Sony has retreated from their identity of bringing games unique to their ecosystem. Exclusives are running dry. They just buy time-exclusives or content

If you're not even going to try, why should I?

Long developments cost time and money. Guess what? Making games also cost time and money. lol

I don't get what you mean by the facts say otherwise. Ehh... Nothing you said were facts and just subjective and full of bias.

And tell that to a big portion of 10 million Nintendo fans loving Switch while using it docked mode. haha

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

Long developments cost time and money. Guess what? Making games also cost time and money.

Again, this has absolutely what to do with game diversity?

I don't get what you mean by the facts say otherwise.

The fact that Sony and Nintendo both just had their best years in a long time without hurting each other's success.

You're going to have to stop phoning it in if you want to keep my interest.

Errorist76 said:

Why’s should Sony develop a first party JRPG when stuff like this is coming out?! 

https://youtu.be/r-sZ-KocTCc

Guys, you should really stop arguing with this guy. He’s clearly got a very selective recognition.

What JRPG came out besides DQXI,Persona 5,FFXV and Nier? Took them five years Haha if that's a lot then Jeez. If you do not want Sony to be more diverse. It's not my problem. My problem is Sony is becoming too less diverse for my own taste. If you like that they are too comfortable with cinematic games that takes a long time to be finished because AAA. Ok.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

is this for real?

Have you looked at the PS4 library of games?

What the actual fuck

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TallSilhouette said:

Long developments cost time and money. Guess what? Making games also cost time and money.

Again, this has absolutely what to do with game diversity?

I don't get what you mean by the facts say otherwise.

The fact that Sony and Nintendo both just had their best years in a long time without hurting each other's success.

You're going to have to stop phoning it in if you want to keep my interest.

Explain to me why long development cycle cannot affect the output of a first party developer? Who wants that?

I bet Sony wishes they knew what they know now. They wouldn't have to discount their precious PS4 to $199 if Switch didn't exist. lol Microsoft too. Let me put it this way so you can understand... Do you really believe Samsung and Apple likes the existence of each of their phones? Just thay logic completely evaporates your argument. haha

You've been interested a long time.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Lol, talk about reaching...

Why should Sony feel complacent? Do you actually believe Nintendo is not trying to eat Sony's lunch with the switch? haha

Do you actually believe they are when they're both retreating to their home turfs (Sony more home focused, Nin more mobile) and focusing on different audiences? They both just had excellent years without stepping on each others toes.

How am I reaching? You think the long development of Playstation exclusive games are just fairy tales and dreams. No pun intended. :p

Nintendo retreating to mobile? Jeez. Switch is a console. A hybrid. Sony should take them as a threat. Do you see how easy it was for half of PS2 players to jump on board on 360? Saying Switch is not a threat is just laughable at best. That thing still has no smartphone functionality yet. Imagine the iterations? That could kill Playstation if they don't try a little harder. haha

It's actually Sony has retreated from their identity of bringing games unique to their ecosystem. Exclusives are running dry. They just buy time-exclusives or content  It's only a matter of time when the public catches on that.

You do know PS4 will not continue to sell forever but games will what give the system longevity as long as it's not stuck in development hell like  Dreams or Wild. :p

The Switch is very, very obviously a handheld first that can be plugged into the TV. Every feature aside from battery life has portable/mobile placed as a priority over TV use. It's not possible to do something as simple as play on your TV while your controller charges right out of the box. You have to buy additional products like a pro controller, or a charging controller dock. After two months of substandard experience on the TV, I took the power cable out of the dock and keep the Switch charged by the couch. Sony has nothing to worry about with Nintendo cannibalizing PS4 sales, it's not at all directed at the same audience.

Explain to me why long development cycle cannot affect the output of a first party developer?

Explain to me what this has to do with diversity?

It's a slow day.

potato_hamster said:

How am I reaching? You think the long development of Playstation exclusive games are just fairy tales and dreams. No pun intended. :p

Nintendo retreating to mobile? Jeez. Switch is a console. A hybrid. Sony should take them as a threat. Do you see how easy it was for half of PS2 players to jump on board on 360? Saying Switch is not a threat is just laughable at best. That thing still has no smartphone functionality yet. Imagine the iterations? That could kill Playstation if they don't try a little harder. haha

It's actually Sony has retreated from their identity of bringing games unique to their ecosystem. Exclusives are running dry. They just buy time-exclusives or content  It's only a matter of time when the public catches on that.

You do know PS4 will not continue to sell forever but games will what give the system longevity as long as it's not stuck in development hell like  Dreams or Wild. :p

The Switch is very, very obviously a handheld first that can be plugged into the TV. Every feature aside from battery life has portable/mobile placed as a priority over TV use. It's not possible to do something as simple as play on your TV while your controller charges right out of the box. You have to buy additional products like a pro controller, or a charging controller dock. After two months of substandard experience on the TV, I took the power cable out of the dock and keep the Switch charged by the couch. Sony has nothing to worry about with Nintendo cannibalizing PS4 sales, it's not at all directed at the same audience.

Lmao That's how PS3 got destroyed by Wii and 360. Full of yes men and overconfidence.

Gamers are fickle. No market leader is safe. Switch will continue to be success while PS4 will be outdated in the future and Sony has nothing left but PS5 that may or may not sell more than ten million like the Wii U.

This is the reason why they need more diversity in their first party lineup. Games sells consoles. Not the other way around.

TallSilhouette said:

Explain to me why long development cycle cannot affect the output of a first party developer?

Explain to me what this has to do with diversity?

It's a slow day.

Stop trolling my thread. Thanks.

Back at ya, pal.