By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's diversity with its exclusive games is becoming uhhh non-diverse as before

Is Sony becoming a little too non-diverse?

Absolutely YASSSS 4 12.50%

Nintendo is even more div... 2 6.25%

Maybe 1 3.13%

A little 0 0%

Sony is the king of diver... 12 37.50%

Not really 13 40.63%

Total:32
Bandorr said:
One hell of an awkward thread.

Can the mods check to see if the OP was hacked?

Ran a check, but as expected I couldn't find anything.

Further search in the database reveals that this user heavily supported a feminist article that, for one, bashed Final Fantasy VII for sexism, and two, demanded a remake that fixes the writing. Juicy detail: The author of said article later on exposed himself as a man who deliberately wrote up an over the top piece of feminism to troll writers and gamers who do such things for real.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
SuperNova said:
I will add nothing to the discussion but the fact that I wan't sony to give me a shiny beautiful spyro remaster.

Why would they do it? Sony are just resting on their laurels just waiting for third parties to develop their games for them. Sucks but it is true. Sony is just too economical cause they are the market leader. :(

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

What you want is to Sony to bring back old IPs, or rather actually have first party RPGs under their belt(which I agree completely) rather than diversity, because Sony got that in spades.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

RolStoppable said:
Bandorr said:

Ran a check, but as expected I couldn't find anything.

Further search in the database reveals that this user heavily supported a feminist article that, for one, bashed Final Fantasy VII for sexism, and two, demanded a remake that fixes the writing. Juicy detail: The author of said article later on exposed himself as a man who deliberately wrote up an over the top piece of feminism to troll writers and gamers who do such things for real.

Awkward article to go with an awkward thread.

Also Tifa was bad ass.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
kurasakiichimaruALT said:

Let me rephrase it to for everyone. I want more games(not exclusively JRPGs) than what Sony currently offers. Simpler, smaller and double Abudget. Something to keep people entertained while you wait for the bigger games.

If Sony could waste hundreds of millions  of dollars on a flop like Blade Runner the film... I am confused why they can't do the same it for Playstation when it's their most profitable business.

So let me get this straight, all of these games are non-diversive:

Concrete Genie vs Days Gone?

Detroit vs Death Stranding?

Dreams vs Erica?

Frantics vs Ghost of Tsushima?

God of War vs Medievil (remaster)?

MLB 18 vs Patapon 2 (remaster)?

SotC (remake) vs Spiderman?

TloU2 vs Wild?

ok dude.

also, Sony only paid for international distribution of Blade Runner (not bankroll the movies development) and most likely did a lot better with the film than Warner Brothers did.

Around the Network

You want to talk about "diversity" in games? I'm tired of women being artificially shoehorned into AAA ( Hi Horizon!) titles so as to appease the SJW mob. It's gotten so bad that it's literally ruined them for me. The same goes for movies and TV. At some point, it stops being about diversity and starts being reverse bigotry. At the very least, it's fucking stupid.

True. If you want diversity, go for Xbox. Sony focusses more on QTE fests.

SuperNova said:
I will add nothing to the discussion but the fact that I wan't sony to give me a shiny beautiful spyro remaster.

Sony are just resting on their laurels just waiting for third parties to develop their games for them. 

Now I know I've seen it all.

PhatChips said: 
True. If you want diversity, go for Xbox. Sony focusses more on QTE fests.

Easy does it.

Bandorr said:

Just because you do not agree with my opinion doesn't mean I'm hacked. People changed as I changed. Just like generations in gaming. Y'know. :)

Now do you agree or disagree that Sony is becoming less diverse with their exclusive output than before in previous generation. That is the question.

You aren't arguing "Sony has no diversity".

You are arguing "Where is my 20+ year old first party Sony exclusives that aren't allowed on even the PC".

Or simply "where are my first party JRPGs" that again.. can't be on the PC.

Which gets really awkward when you bring up the switch for no reason. Which hasn't even gotten the third party exclusives that Sony is/has gotten.

All while ignoring games like Horizon Zero Dawn. A very good first party RPG that is only one PS4.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
CalmFire said:
If you ignore the overall lineup, sure.

Overall lineup that we've waited for uhh 4 years. :p

I'm not saying that Playstation is not diverse. I said less diverse.I am just not impressed with Sony as I was in the previous generations. Sure they made some strides coming from the year 2014 when all they have was Infamous and Driveclub but the identity or soul of the console is just not as vibrant. I wish they are on their toes but it seems like Sony has other plans and becoming less competitive and are just focused on what currently sells for them as a whole which causes some noticeably genres to fade in the playstation ecosystem which used to be their strength. A niche box which is exactly not a bad thing if done right.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p