By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The new Xbox One numbers for the 25'th are wrong.

Carl2291 said:
aken909 said:

So basically what your saying is that they are trying to hide the fact that PS4 has far more than doubled Xbox sales so they are boosting them yet again.

It's so obvious they are manipulating the numbers in favor of Xbox. Mmany months last year and really since launch PS4 has well over doubled Xbox sales, many months more than tripped sales yet on this site you see Xbox clinging on to 50% sales which is mathematically impossible using the numbers simply provided on this site. It seems like every time they do adjustments it's always in favor of Xbox.  I remember several other sales tracking firms had reported PS4 doubled xbox's sales around 18 months before vgchartz reported that happening.

So whats the deal, are these guys taking a check from Microsoft to over track sales or something?  I have often wondered if Microsoft stopped giving numbers to give credibility to sales tracking sites like this to over track.

Grow up.

Very mature response indeed.

Around the Network

Yes xbox numbers are wrong, phil Spencer has recently said the Xbox one numbers are above the Xbox 360 at this point in its life. Which means it's above 34 million, I say closer to 38 million or so. Vgchartz always short changes xbox numbers , been that way as far as I can remember

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

tag

aken909 said:

So basically what your saying is that they are trying to hide the fact that PS4 has far more than doubled Xbox sales so they are boosting them yet again.

It's so obvious they are manipulating the numbers in favor of Xbox. Mmany months last year and really since launch PS4 has well over doubled Xbox sales, many months more than tripped sales yet on this site you see Xbox clinging on to 50% sales which is mathematically impossible using the numbers simply provided on this site. It seems like every time they do adjustments it's always in favor of Xbox.  I remember several other sales tracking firms had reported PS4 doubled xbox's sales around 18 months before vgchartz reported that happening.

So whats the deal, are these guys taking a check from Microsoft to over track sales or something?  I have often wondered if Microsoft stopped giving numbers to give credibility to sales tracking sites like this to over track.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Yes xbox numbers are wrong, phil Spencer has recently said the Xbox one numbers are above the Xbox 360 at this point in its life. Which means it's above 34 million, I say closer to 38 million or so. Vgchartz always short changes xbox numbers , been that way as far as I can remember

This is why Brett decided we couldn't have good things.

aken909 said:

If MS is paying to ioi it must be paying very little since the numbers were missing for couple months or more for most of the year.

Or is the numbers missing a cloud of smoke to cover Xbox numbers are low? Maybe you have finally discovered this mistery.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Kerotan said:

Personally I think this aswell. Considering how much  ps4 beats it in America I think WW it's beating it by more than then vgchartz is showing. 

Definitely. XBox is constantly overestimated on here. Was the same last gen already. 32 seems more realistic.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/30/playstation-4-dominates-europe-with-70-90-of-console-market/

Today PS4 has certainly 80-90% of the console market in Europe, so it is clear that Vgchartz overestimates the sales of xbox one in Europe and the numbers of last week (only 2: 1) are really ridiculous.

Ka-pi96 said:
IanSolo said:

https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/30/playstation-4-dominates-europe-with-70-90-of-console-market/

Today PS4 has certainly 80-90% of the console market in Europe, so it is clear that Vgchartz overestimates the sales of xbox one in Europe and the numbers of last week (only 2: 1) are really ridiculous.

"continental Europe" as in, excluding the UK, which is one of, if not the, largest markets in Europe.

And FYI VGC has PS4 outselling Xbox One 4.2:1 or 80.8% market share for PS4 (excluding Switch) if you'd prefer that metric in Europe excluding the UK, so there's little basis to suggest it's being overtracked here.

So Xbox is overestimated in "UK" and "Others" at this point.

Ka-pi96 said:
IanSolo said:

So Xbox is overestimated in "UK" and "Others" at this point.

Why would you think it's overtracked in the UK? It's pretty popular here, Xbox always has been. Not PS4 level, no, but it's still doing well here.

Even a small weekly overestimation of only 10K (UK + Others) for 4 years and now xbox one is overestimated by 2M

You guys basically just added a full month onto Xbox sales for no reason. If your own tracking said a lower number and other sales tracking firms have the numbers lower why did you add a full million to the numbers?

Your actions call into question the whole methodology your using when you don't even trust the totals your "research" provided you.  If your just going to randomly add huge sums like 1,000,000 your essentially just making up the numbers.

Sorry If I hurt your feelings.

Who's in charge of hardware sales chart in VGC ?

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 03 January 2018