By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Breath of the Wild/Odyssey style shake up on Fire Emblem?

Take elements of Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade 2

Instead of having a magical carvan that can hold endless soldiers and equipment, have certain maps be "strongholds". Once taken over, you must designate a "stronghold captain" (and support units, if you wish). The stronghold captain will passively gain experience governing and defending the "stronghold", not unlike Xenoblade 2s Merc Missions. The Pikmin 3 part comes in when, in the middle of battle, you a messenger notes that a previous stronghold is under attack by enemy forces. You can let the computer play out your set tactic, or toggle between game boards. (Stronghold maps will be much simpler than the story maps.)

Oh and add dysentery like Oregon Trail.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
I think adventure and platform games have a lot more flexibility than SRPGs, and so there's a lot more room for formula shake-ups in games like Mario and Zelda. Unless you change the genre itself, there likely won't be any shifts as big as Awakening saw, and if the genre itself is changing, I'd personally they rather label it as a spinoff a la Warriors.

Agree with Boom here. I'm not expecting "major shake ups" but instead expect huge increase in budget. Shadows of Valentia had the highest production values the series has ever seen and I think it'll be majorly surpassed by FE Switch.  SoV was fully voiced, had amazing graphical style and superb directing; the pre rendered as well as the in game engine cut scenes were unlike anything else on 3DS.  

I think we can expect a huge focus on graphical flair but even more so on a deeper story and character building.  I think Intelligent System knows core fans hated Corrin and they will try something closer to a traditional lord.  

One huge hope of mine is a greatly expanded Support system.  Optional side quests for recruited characters, then including them in the central plot as a reward for completing their personal stories.  That would be awesome!

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
Super_Boom said:
I think adventure and platform games have a lot more flexibility than SRPGs, and so there's a lot more room for formula shake-ups in games like Mario and Zelda. Unless you change the genre itself, there likely won't be any shifts as big as Awakening saw, and if the genre itself is changing, I'd personally they rather label it as a spinoff a la Warriors.

Agree with Boom here. I'm not expecting "major shake ups" but instead expect huge increase in budget. Shadows of Valentia had the highest production values the series has ever seen and I think it'll be majorly surpassed by FE Switch.  SoV was fully voiced, had amazing graphical style and superb directing; the pre rendered as well as the in game engine cut scenes were unlike anything else on 3DS.  

I think we can expect a huge focus on graphical flair but even more so on a deeper story and character building.  I think Intelligent System knows core fans hated Corrin and they will try something closer to a traditional lord.  

One huge hope of mine is a greatly expanded Support system.  Optional side quests for recruited characters, then including them in the central plot as a reward for completing their personal stories.  That would be awesome!

I think it would be like how roy's game kinda rehashed but also changed the series, being on a completly new type of platform.

At least SoV shoed us what that drasic increase in budget can do. I would pay another 60 dollars for a mostly voiced awakening.

TheBraveGallade said:
IkePoR said:

I think it would be like how roy's game kinda rehashed but also changed the series, being on a completly new type of platform.

At least SoV shoed us what that drasic increase in budget can do. I would pay another 60 dollars for a mostly voiced awakening.

You mean: $60 + DLC.

Hopefully they go down the full voice acting route for FE Switch.
And hopefully they can match or exceed the quality they reached with Valentia's voice work.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 01 January 2018

I just want Conquest level design with Path of Radiance quality story and characters.

Around the Network

I'm not sure what you could realistically do to dramatically shake up the formula for a turn based strategy RPG. Maybe make levels randomly generated encounters like X-Com? Even then, that wouldn't be so much a huge change as it would be just...doing what another series already does.

I'd like to see Golden Sun come back with a more open map - even something still linear but open like "Xenoblade Chronicles 2" would work.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

It'll just be a dating simulator.

In all seriousness I can't see much room for radical changes besides just being bigger and prettier.

I would like the series to keep the grid turn based strategy, that is what makes the game fun

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I don't really see much room for a shake-up. I'd like them to stick with some of the things they did in Echoes both in terms of presentation and structure. I prefer the more traditional art-style (less exaggerated CGI anime please) so stick with Hidari for character art and Studio Khara for cut scenes, and keep 8-4 for the excellent localisation and voice-acting. I thought the point-and-click town sections and dungeons freshened things up between battles so I'd love to see them return.

Personally, though, I think it's likely we'll get a Fire Emblem that's fairly close to Awakening and Fates aesthetically and structurally (not a split release, mind), just bigger and prettier.