By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global software, week ending 11th Nov

Cod ps4 is just way ahead of the rest

Around the Network

PS4 software sales are just incredible!

curl-6 said:

Is it just me or is multiplat perfomance on Xbox One getting worse?

COD is over 2:1 in favour of PS4 as is Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed nearly 3.5:1.

The ratios didn't used to be this one-sided.

Based solely on memory, I don't think anything of note has changed. I think  2:1 - 3:1 have been fairly common ratios.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Dr.Vita said:
PS4 software sales are just incredible!

Psssh it doesnt even have 50% of software sales this week

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Zach808 said:
Shikamo said:

Decent opening for Doom and Sonic, but we'll see if it will have enough legs to justify more bethesda and sega ports.

Total Softwares:

Considering the Switch version of Sonic Forces is the highest selling according to the chart, I’d say Sega will more likely abandon Sonic in general before abandoning the Switch.  Doom I’m not so sure about.

Im not sure if this was confirmed but on ResetEra they were saying the Bethesda games on Switch had a pretty high digital ratio (about 40%).

In Nov in the US, Skyrim did over 100k and DOOM over 60k at retail so that would be about 170k & 100k when including digital.

Globally they gotta be at least 250k & 150k for these games in Nov.

If they have good legs in December than 500k & 300k is possible which i think would be considered decent since they are such late ports.

Hopefully Wolfenstein II can do similar numbers as well and Bethesda continues to support Switch. I would like a Fallout 4 port this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Zach808 said:

Considering the Switch version of Sonic Forces is the highest selling according to the chart, I’d say Sega will more likely abandon Sonic in general before abandoning the Switch.  Doom I’m not so sure about.

Im not sure if this was confirmed but on ResetEra they were saying the Bethesda games on Switch had a pretty high digital ratio (about 40%).

In Nov in the US, Skyrim did over 100k and DOOM over 60k at retail so that would be about 170k & 100k when including digital.

If they have good legs in December than 500k & 300k is possible which i think would be considered decent since they are such late ports.

Hopefully Wolfenstein II can do similar numbers as well and Bethesda continues to support Switch. I would like a Fallout 4 port this year.

Out of curiosity, how would Resetera have come into possession of digital sales info? Do Bethesda insiders post there?

I reckon Skyrim on Switch will pass a million for sure; Doom I'm not so certain about, but it's not impossible; Black Ops on Wii had a 89k first week and ended up crossing the million mark. Considering neither had to be completely rebuilt the way COD on Wii did, they should turn a profit comfortably.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Out of curiosity, how would Resetera have come into possession of digital sales info? Do Bethesda insiders post there?

I reckon Skyrim on Switch will pass a million for sure; Doom I'm not so certain about, but it's not impossible; Black Ops on Wii had a 89k first week and ended up crossing the million mark. Considering neither had to be completely rebuilt the way COD on Wii did, they should turn a profit comfortably.

I believe it was John Harker, a known insider, who said it but im not 100% certain and i have no idea how he would have that info.

These digital numbers do seem possible though considering DOOM was in the top 15 on the eShop for a few weeks and Skyrim for over a month.