By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox's lack of compelling games won't be fixed in 2018 [Endgadget]

KiigelHeart said:
BillyBong said:

Yes.. proven my point exactly.  All games which could be played elsewhere and at better fidelity.. so exactly why buy an Xbox one this gen again?  So lemme guess your most anticipated titles for 2018 are.... Multiplats?  Yeah.. rock on.. 🙄

Your point is all over the place heh. It's pretty clear X1X offers more than 6 & 7th gen graphics but you knew that already. Why should  Xbox gamers care if games are also available on PC? Unless you want to play on PC there's plenty of reasons and games to buy Xbox One but you knew that already too.

And you guessed right. My most anticipated title for 2018 is Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm sure even many PS4 gamers would agree. So yeah.. rock on!

Again.. multiplats.  Most anticipated.. sure thing. And my response to 6-7th gen graphics are for MS upcoming and apparently hyped for titles releasing this year.  oRi.. ok.  Crackdwn 3?  Ok.. sea of thieves?  Ok.  So tell me.. what were your personal reasons to buy x1 this gen?  

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
BillyBong said:

It's not about gaming on PC.. it's about MS's lack of exclusives.  The reason to purchase.  So what's the purpose of buying an x1 over it's competitors?  

And me embarrassing myself?  Lol.. pot meet kettle much?  You're so full of win.. 

Because majority of Xbox/PC games aren't on PS4 so without a PC how will you play Xbox games? On your Switch?

If you own a Gaming PC you wont need a Xbox, if you don't own a PC than Xbox is required to play there games... haha 

Cant believe I had to explain that to someone.

What?  Explain what?  Acting like most folks in the world don't own a PC? Especially gamers? Ok.. nice knowledge drop.  You sure did take me to school.  

Most PC games aren't on Xbox either... But you know how many PS4 games are on PC?  Did a light bulb finally go off?  So again.. why buy x1 this gen if I can play most x1 exclusives on PC and all multiplats on PS4?  What compelling title outside of your wishful thinking would make one stop and say, "hey.. I need an x1 to play that game"?   I'll wait while you list your multiplats, indie games, and timed exclusives to try and justify..

.. "facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored".  -huxley

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Azzanation said:

Some of these posts in here are laughable. Honestly we are talking about multi-billion dollar business with huge investments into there divisions.
Xbox 1 even though a lot seem to and want to complain about it, cannot ignore the fact the console is a success story regardless how far behind it is compared to its main competitor. It is generating MS money, its Live members alone is extremely profitable, there big 1st party games are profiting (Despite gamers saying Halo 5 flopped selling 5+m Units)

How about we wait and see what Xbox brings to the table at 2018 E3 before jumping on the hate band wagon. Most cases with new Hardware releases it takes majority of the spotlight and we can all agree on that now the X has finally released, that gives MS the chance to now move its focus to its Software. Switch started out with a lack of games and still does yet look at it. Hardware is out the way and expect bigger things from Nintendo despite Zelda and Mario already released.

XB1 2018
Sea of Thieves
Ori Will of the Wisp
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3
Halo (Game)
Forza (Game)
Playgrounds next Game
Remedy next Game
Coalition next Game
Rares next Game
A bunch of promising Indy games
A bunch of more supported BC games
A bunch of AAA 3rd party games (Timed and Exclusive)
And the possibility of E3 surprise announcements and brought/New/Old IPs.

Wait and see, no point complaining about it in a forum, MS cant hear you here.

You are talking about hilarious posts and argumentation, while making plenty...

So can we complain about 2017 or 2016 since they passed or you'll find a way to excuse it?

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

Wait what?! Get a grip buddy. I can’t believe what I just read.

Microsoft dominates Latin America (smaller than Europe in buying power admit-tingly). However, doesn't mean a whole lot when comparing to 1st tier countries Like USA, Canada, UK, ect.

Do you have any evidence of this domination of Latin America by Xbox?

LudicrousSpeed said:
BillyBong said:

What's funny is I was expecting a reply from you.  forever the apologist. lol.  Anyways, take those "niche" games out and PS still leads the way with more compelling and more variety of exclusivess.  It's fine if some of those "niche" flavors isn't for you, but I'm pretty sure all would agree more  quality option is better than no option, no?  So I'll go  and play my niche PS4  games while you continue to tell me you're happy you can play 360 games.  Gamers like you are reason why MS continues to  have no clue why they are getting spanked by Sony this gen when they were at least competitive last gen.  Why try our risk when your consumer base dont care.  

Good thing MS is giving us more quality options in 2018 then I guess. You continue to play your niche PS4 titles, I'll continue using my Xbone for the reasons I bought it. And if I ever want to dip my toe into those stupid Japanese titles, I can fire my PS4 or Switch up and give them a go. The glory of owning all platforms :)

I think MS knows why they're getting beat this gen, which is why they've tried to erase pretty much everything that sank the Xbone at launch. Hope that helps. Also, yeah, the consumer base doesn't really care, so I'm not sure why you get so emotional about it.

Yes, they are making a lot of headway on their exclusives.

Azzanation said:
Tulipanzo said:

Speaking of laughable, your list is a perfect encapsulation of Microsoft's problem: four announced games and a wishlist of what they might do, because honestly there is nothing better.
Even just looking at those four, only two I've seen garner any amount of excitement : Sea of Thieves and Ori 2. Crackdown 3 and SoD 2 seem to only exist in "lists of XBox exclusives", with almost nobody showing any real excitement for either property.

Your comparison to the Switch is also ridiculous, as Switch's "lack of games" lasted between the release of BotW and Mario Kart 8, or around a month.
In Xbox's case it has been going on the entire generation, and by some accounts longer, as we've all seen the number of exclusives dwindle since the early 10s

Rather than explain away the unjustifiable and frankly inexclusable lack of content on the system, you'd have an easier time trying to convince me why I should have any interest in a parade of games where you "drive the car and shoot the gun" and do very little else.

Its safe to say the X1 has a ton more games available compared to the Switch and your best argument is Mario Kart 8 a WiiU port? Heck even Zelda, there main system seller isnt exclusive. 

Lower your pom poms. Not needed here.

I own both platforms and enjoy them equally.

So you bash Nintendo exclusives because they have a version on WiiU (except right now they are receiving games that can't be played anywhere else), but then go and defend X1 and list a lot of multiplats?

Azzanation said:
BillyBong said:

What options?  So your justification for your purchase is?  To play multiplats?  What incentive is there to buy Xb this gen if I can play all your games on PC or my ps4.  

And yes consumers do care.  Thus the continual beating of MS via market share.  But continue your rant  of "it doesn't matter."

Dude.. stop you are embarrassing yourself.

Let me put it simply to you. 

---Not all gamers want to game on PC---

Trust me I am a PC gamer and I try to convince my Console only gamers to invest and they tell me no. 

So move on.

And here you are defending X1 all the time while always falling back to saying you are a PC gamer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BillyBong said:
Azzanation said:

Because majority of Xbox/PC games aren't on PS4 so without a PC how will you play Xbox games? On your Switch?

If you own a Gaming PC you wont need a Xbox, if you don't own a PC than Xbox is required to play there games... haha 

What?  Explain what?  Acting like most folks in the world don't own a PC? Especially gamers? Ok.. nice knowledge drop.  You sure did take me to school.  

Most PC games aren't on Xbox either... But you know how many PS4 games are on PC?  Did a light bulb finally go off?  So again.. why buy x1 this gen if I can play most x1 exclusives on PC and all multiplats on PS4?  What compelling title outside of your wishful thinking would make one stop and say, "hey.. I need an x1 to play that game"?   I'll wait while you list your multiplats, indie games, and timed exclusives to try and justify..

Your right my brain hurts reading your posts.

Maybe the gamers who don't want to spend $$$ on a Gaming PC to play Xbox games? Those that prefer couch play? those that prefer the simplicity of a console? those that prefer consoles?

Why buy a PS4 when you can buy a PC and play PS4 games "Cough PSNow Cough" Same can be said.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Some of these posts in here are laughable. Honestly we are talking about multi-billion dollar business with huge investments into there divisions.
Xbox 1 even though a lot seem to and want to complain about it, cannot ignore the fact the console is a success story regardless how far behind it is compared to its main competitor. It is generating MS money, its Live members alone is extremely profitable, there big 1st party games are profiting (Despite gamers saying Halo 5 flopped selling 5+m Units)

How about we wait and see what Xbox brings to the table at 2018 E3 before jumping on the hate band wagon. Most cases with new Hardware releases it takes majority of the spotlight and we can all agree on that now the X has finally released, that gives MS the chance to now move its focus to its Software. Switch started out with a lack of games and still does yet look at it. Hardware is out the way and expect bigger things from Nintendo despite Zelda and Mario already released.

XB1 2018
Sea of Thieves
Ori Will of the Wisp
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3
Halo (Game)
Forza (Game)
Playgrounds next Game
Remedy next Game
Coalition next Game
Rares next Game
A bunch of promising Indy games
A bunch of more supported BC games
A bunch of AAA 3rd party games (Timed and Exclusive)
And the possibility of E3 surprise announcements and brought/New/Old IPs.

Wait and see, no point complaining about it in a forum, MS cant hear you here.

So can we complain about 2017 or 2016 since they passed or you'll find a way to excuse it?

Snoopy said:

Microsoft dominates Latin America (smaller than Europe in buying power admit-tingly). However, doesn't mean a whole lot when comparing to 1st tier countries Like USA, Canada, UK, ect.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Good thing MS is giving us more quality options in 2018 then I guess. You continue to play your niche PS4 titles, I'll continue using my Xbone for the reasons I bought it. And if I ever want to dip my toe into those stupid Japanese titles, I can fire my PS4 or Switch up and give them a go. The glory of owning all platforms :)

I think MS knows why they're getting beat this gen, which is why they've tried to erase pretty much everything that sank the Xbone at launch. Hope that helps. Also, yeah, the consumer base doesn't really care, so I'm not sure why you get so emotional about it.

Azzanation said:

Its safe to say the X1 has a ton more games available compared to the Switch and your best argument is Mario Kart 8 a WiiU port? Heck even Zelda, there main system seller isnt exclusive. 

So you bash Nintendo exclusives because they have a version on WiiU (except right now they are receiving games that can't be played anywhere else), but then go and defend X1 and list a lot of multiplats?

Azzanation said:

Dude.. stop you are embarrassing yourself.

Let me put it simply to you. 

Trust me I am a PC gamer and I try to convince my Console only gamers to invest and they tell me no. 

So move on.

And here you are defending X1 all the time while always falling back to saying you are a PC gamer.

Haha do you even bother reading my posts and understand why I post? 

Why is it okay that the Switch can lack content yet the X1 cant? Want to compare game libraries? 

My comparison was to suss out the haters.

Yes I love my PC, I game on it all the time. Join me and will game together ;)

Azzanation said:
BillyBong said:

Maybe the gamers who don't want to spend $$$ on a Gaming PC to play Xbox games? Those that prefer couch play? those that prefer the simplicity of a console? those that prefer consoles?

Why buy a PS4 when you can buy a PC and play PS4 games "Cough PSNow Cough" Same can be said.

DonFerrari said:

Why is it okay that the Switch can lack content yet the X1 cant? Want to compare game libraries? 

Switch is very far from being missing content for a 1st year console.

And we see very little effort to release games from MS compared to X1... so the funny part is on you excusing MS and asking more from Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
BillyBong said:

It's not about gaming on PC.. it's about MS's lack of exclusives.  The reason to purchase.  So what's the purpose of buying an x1 over it's competitors?  

And me embarrassing myself?  Lol.. pot meet kettle much?  You're so full of win.. 

Also just to add, not all PC gamers own a powerful PC either. This whole fantasy of all PC gamers play games at 4k/60 is nothing more than a joke. Minority like myself play games at those settings after spending $2.5k on there rigs. I cant see a 16yo doing that. Hence Xbox.

You would play it on a PC, duh. The point (the same one you always miss) is that as long as all of Microsoft's exclusives are on PC, there's no reason to buy an Xbox. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

BillyBong said:
KiigelHeart said:

Your point is all over the place heh. It's pretty clear X1X offers more than 6 & 7th gen graphics but you knew that already. Why should  Xbox gamers care if games are also available on PC? Unless you want to play on PC there's plenty of reasons and games to buy Xbox One but you knew that already too.

And you guessed right. My most anticipated title for 2018 is Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm sure even many PS4 gamers would agree. So yeah.. rock on!

Again.. multiplats.  Most anticipated.. sure thing. And my response to 6-7th gen graphics are for MS upcoming and apparently hyped for titles releasing this year.  oRi.. ok.  Crackdwn 3?  Ok.. sea of thieves?  Ok.  So tell me.. what were your personal reasons to buy x1 this gen?  

Your response is worthless because there are games to showcase the power of X. Every game isn't even expected to be a graphical showcase. Ori is damn beautiful though and Sea of Thieves looks brilliant. 

My personal reasons to buy x1 this gen was that in my opinion Gears of War ----> anything other consoles can offer. I wanted to play the new Remedy game. Xbox controller is clearly the best. I wasn't much of a Halo fan last gen but Halo 5 and MCC made me fall in love with the franchise. 

And I'm not interested in PC gaming. You keep asking "why should I buy X1 if I can play with PC" I mean how is it possible that you still don't get it? 

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

And we see very little effort to release games from MS compared to X1... so the funny part is on you excusing MS and asking more from Nintendo.

Compared to X1 the library is rather thin. Go do a library comparison even in there 1st years.

Come back with the count for me ;)

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:

Also just to add, not all PC gamers own a powerful PC either. This whole fantasy of all PC gamers play games at 4k/60 is nothing more than a joke. Minority like myself play games at those settings after spending $2.5k on there rigs. I cant see a 16yo doing that. Hence Xbox.

You would play it on a PC, duh. The point (the same one you always miss) is that as long as all of Microsoft's exclusives are on PC, there's no reason to buy an Xbox. 

The point your missing is

So there are plenty of reasons to own a Xbox if you don't like gaming on PC.

Seems to be the usual suspects downplaying Xbox. I am not surprised at all. Go buy one first than complain.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Compared to X1 the library is rather thin. Go do a library comparison even in there 1st years.

Come back with the count for me ;)

Azuren said:

The point your missing is

So there are plenty of reasons to own a Xbox if you don't like gaming on PC.

Seems to be the usual suspects downplaying Xbox. I am not surprised at all. Go buy one first than complain.

I know the size of both game libraries.. still Xbox library wasn't made by the effort from MS, and if I'm not wrong you aren't concerned that Sony have much bigger library...

Azzanation said:
Tulipanzo said:

Speaking of laughable, your list is a perfect encapsulation of Microsoft's problem: four announced games and a wishlist of what they might do, because honestly there is nothing better.
Even just looking at those four, only two I've seen garner any amount of excitement : Sea of Thieves and Ori 2. Crackdown 3 and SoD 2 seem to only exist in "lists of XBox exclusives", with almost nobody showing any real excitement for either property.

Your comparison to the Switch is also ridiculous, as Switch's "lack of games" lasted between the release of BotW and Mario Kart 8, or around a month.
In Xbox's case it has been going on the entire generation, and by some accounts longer, as we've all seen the number of exclusives dwindle since the early 10s

Rather than explain away the unjustifiable and frankly inexclusable lack of content on the system, you'd have an easier time trying to convince me why I should have any interest in a parade of games where you "drive the car and shoot the gun" and do very little else.

Reading comprehension is nice.
Let me spell it out: the last time I heard anyone make the argument that the Switch's lineup was lacking games was right before MK8D came out.
Afterwards I'd have to say I always had something to play or that I wanted to play on the Switch, and this seems to be the general consensus.
I really can't say the same with XBox, and I've owned it for some time.

Also, I like the tacit acknowledgement that the XBox does indeed lack content