By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PUBG Coming To Other Platforms

"We’d like to focus on completing the Xbox One PUBG for now. If we have the opportunity, the final goal would be to launch the title on every platform. Early Access on Steam and Game Preview on Xbox One are like pre-release, so they don’t have a restriction on quality. However, PS is very strict about this. There were cases where a game took 6 months more to launch even when it was already completed. We are still in the stage of learning the console development environment and console gamers’ taste. We need to think about other platforms after evaluating and completing the Xbox One version first."

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/3881/id-like-pubg-to-become-a-universal-media-franchise-ch-kim-the-ceo-of-pubg-corp

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Well, I don't think there was any doubt that it's a timed exclusive, but certainly not for the reasons they present above

I expect a PS4 release shortly after 1.0 comes out on Xbox.

2020 PUBG Switch.

"Early Access on Steam and Game Preview on Xbox One are like pre-release, so they don’t have a restriction on quality. However, PS is very strict about this." 

Interesting...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

Major publishers are so afraid of stepping outside of the box that incomplete, poorly optimized, "early access in perpetuity" mods and indie titles make the headlines and are fought over by the consoles heh

I say this, of course, as someone who plays endless early access games on Steam... it's just weird to see where the industry is today. In some ways we have higher standards and expectations of our games than ever before, and yet we've also been reduced to shoveling money over to games that will never be properly completed while they're still relevant simply because they offer something the major publishers were too timid to provide.

These be interesting times.

Bandorr said:
Basically not on PS yet because the quality isn't up to par.

I'm looking forward to the DF videos of it running on Switch. That will be fantastic.

Glares at Life of Black tiger.

I'm still waiting on them to fully finish and flesh out the PC version, so they'll have their plate full with both the PC and Xb versions for a while yet. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It is just a matter of when at this point. I don't have any problem waiting for it.

want to know the thought process on how this was nominated for goty.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 30 December 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

want to know the thought process on how this was nominated for goty.

Its a fun game? Its not my GOTY but in my top 3 of the games ive had the most fun playing this year.