By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GOD of WAR vs. SPIDERMAN

The new Kratos is babysitting and has lost his chaos blades so gonna go with Spider-Man.

Wait, sales? Gonna say The Last of War.

Around the Network

I'd say God of war will sell better. 4-6m compared to Spidermans 2-3m

I'm going to go with Spider-Man. Though personally I'm more hyped for Gow.

Also why no poll?

Yakuza 6 without reading the OP just the title.

Overall god of war will sell more lifetime worldwide......
though spiderman might sell more in the US cause there are lots and lots of spidey fans out there....love that....

Around the Network
Barkley said:
I'd say God of war will sell better. 4-6m compared to Spidermans 2-3m

2-3m for Spiderman is really low if it gets good/great reviews. I think it has potential for 5-10m. Previous Spiderman games were restricted by hardware and budget. This is the first "real" AAA-Spiderman, and it's made by a talented dev-team.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

God of War in the long run. The only way Spiderman outsells GoW is if it's critically acclaimed and users are utterly impressed. I don't see that happening...but it does look like a great installment...and could possibly prove me wrong.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

God of war but it will be close.

Personally, I'm more excited for God of War. Interested to see the direction Santa Monica chooses to take Kratos. I also love ancient Greek and Norse mythology. It's a day 1 for me.

However, I'm also going to be picking up Spider Man. His selling power coupled with infinity war should translate into higher game sales than god of war, I think.

As several others pointed out, Marvel themselves are helping to market this game. Their E3 video for it on their YouTube has 25 million views, and I guarantee they’ll be pushing it as hard as Sony. That said, I’m gonna have to say Spider Man will sell more copies and push more hardware, especially if Sony does a badass Spider Man-themed PS4 that is bundled with the game. Both will be huge critical hits and top sellers, no doubt.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon