By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Snow emergency in Erie, Pa - over 54 inches of snow over last few days and nearly 100 inches since the beginning of December!

Take that, global warming!

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

That sucks. I suggest moving to a more temperate area.

This is what happens when you ban snoopy.

In all seriousness I pray for everyones safety

And we over in San Diego are trapped in eternal summer. Winter has officially started; Not an inch of rain or even a chilly breeze.

This is what happens when you ban snoopy.

In all seriousness I pray for everyones safety

Around the Network

I've been through these things before, it's not that big of a deal. The plow trucks will salt the roads and clear them and people will huddle inside by fires for a day or two. It's only ever serious is people lose power and don't have a fire place.

The title should be "... in Erie, Pennsylvania."

BasilZero said:
I wish we would have gotten at least 1 inch of snow here....instead we experienced 50 inches of hurricane harvey's wrath earlier in the year....

I cant exactly remember the specific number, but I thought I heard somewhere that due to snow taking up more space and having less water in it than raindrops, 10 or 12 inches of snow is equivalent to an inch of rain. This means that if it were to snow in Houston and the ground temperature was cold enough to keep the snow on the ground, there could have been 500-600 inches of snow (roughly 41 2/3-50 feet of snow).

And to think where I live people complain about 6 or more inches. lol

Meanwhile in Australia...

In all seriousness, this summer has been pretty damn mild, hottest so far has only been 35'C (95'F) this month. And every hot day has had rain and storms following it.

A few years ago we had similar weather... And I watched my friend go through Mc Donalds drive through in a Kayak. Haha
Still, this is a La Nina cycle for us with global warming on top of it, so it's not entirely unexpected... Interesting that the Northern Hemisphere is also experiencing a few extremes.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

When you realize that your town does not have enough LoL players.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.