By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."

o_O.Q said:
VGPolyglot said:

Anarchy is not rule free, it's not like going around murdering people would be accepted.

but... that's anarchy... its a situation where there are no rules governing the behavior of people

meaning for example that murder would not be condemned because no behavior is condemned under anarchy

No, that's not what anarchy is.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
VGPolyglot said:

Anarchy is not rule free, it's not like going around murdering people would be accepted.

but... that's anarchy... its a situation where there are no rules governing the behavior of people

meaning for example that murder would not be condemned because no behavior is condemned under anarchy

VGPolyglot said:
o_O.Q said:

ok i'll for the sake of argument go ahead and accept that anarchy has rules

the group comes up with the rules together and put them in place

how do the rules get enforced? is there crime in your concept of anarchy?

the thing is that i understand where you're coming from with this idea but the problem is as i told you before that people are not carbon copies of each other... the individuality of people would never allow what you are proposing to work

VGPolyglot said:
o_O.Q said:

how can an anarchy which is a rule free society have a government?

Anarchy is not a synonym for chaos.

It is if it's followed faithfully.

They are fake and important. Why? Because they are taking billions of dollars and are nor paying taxes since 2000 years. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
There's a pretty glaring flaw in that. It either assumes it's 100% false, or 100% true. What if some parts are true and other parts aren't?

That is the typical Christian/Muslim type of view that. That is the attitude that comes from having a "One God, One Truth" type of world view, is that either it's 100% true and the most important thing ever, or it's a lie, which of course it isn't, so then it's the most important thing ever.

What sucks for someone like me, personally, is that I am a spiritual person, but I'm not at all religious. And being in a world filled with literally billions of religious folks, and on the other side a growing number of Atheists, isn't a ton of fun. You kinda feel stuck in this awkward middle.

Zoombael said:

Besides your cherry picking debate style and being wrong about human evolution has stopped, you utterly missed the point, pointlessly trying to weigh positive and negative.

I heavily doubt you have expertise to grasp the scope of the evolution of religion. Its the usual notorious focus on negative aspects, infantile black white thinking, unaware of the beneficial side.

Could you give a few examples of this?

Peh said:

Rogerioandrade said:

Because both are based on assumptions about  things whose existence will always be  unconclusive: spiritual beings.

Atheism is not about an assumption on a specific question. And atheist can believe in spiritual beings like angels, ghost and other stuff. They just don't believe in Deities. 

In this sense, then,  atheism is also a religion. Thanks for clarifying . : )

Rogerioandrade said:
Peh said:

Atheism is not about an assumption on a specific question. And atheist can believe in spiritual beings like angels, ghost and other stuff. They just don't believe in Deities. 

In this sense, then,  atheism is also a religion. Thanks for clarifying . : )

Nope. Try again. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I came to this forum a Christian. But over time I’ve slowly eroded towards atheism. At this point I detest Christianity