By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."

vivster said:
Zoombael said:

As i wrote, it cant be narrowed down to false or true. You dont see anyone do that with our five digit hand with opposable thumb. Its good for masturbation and fondling boobs, but it also gave us the power of nuclear destruction and anthrax (ref. to recent events).

From my point of view Religion is as integral a part of the evolution of man and his quest to overcome his... origins... as the human hand is.

Human evolution stopped the moment us apes became too intelligent. Since then, humans have actively worked against natural evolution, for example by creating religion and morals.

Opposable thumbs are a net win for humans btw, so we can safely classify them as a good thing. Just like we classify Hitler as definitively bad, despite him petting that puppy once. Defining absolutes by calculating the net gain is a very useful thing, that has advanced humans quite a bit.

And if it wasn't back then, Religion has become a definite net loss for humanity now.

Besides your cherry picking debate style and being wrong about human evolution has stopped, you utterly missed the point, pointlessly trying to weigh positive and negative.

I heavily doubt you have expertise to grasp the scope of the evolution of religion. Its the usual notorious focus on negative aspects, infantile black white thinking, unaware of the beneficial side.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Whether god exists or not, but something exists that has control over us in some way. We see consequences for everything like good and bad, also everyone makes mistakes as we are humans with no understanding of how to live a life other than learn from others who are elders (so the books written by them are now guiding us) with a faith on those. We can be rational but most of the times we do not know answers for many things we have around us, and think that everything can be proven, but no as some things can only be felt and we only interpreting them in some form using our understanding even though we have been wrong many times and learning to correct us in order improve all the time.

Every religion taught us some things which are important to life, and also I believe most of the texts are manipulated some way over the years in order convince what some one understands or believes instead.

I see science also kind of religion which helps us to achieve some great things with a faith, but also breaks natural evolution. Nothing is perfect, but I wish be part of what nature like Avatar with my consciousness instead of identifying on some physical thing.

Debates on what is right and wrong is useless unless if something has really impact on our lives to be better for everyone around us then thats something worth to consider, but if we cross the limit and put ourself like a blind follower to something when we know it has negative impact all around us then we should not.

I strongly believe we are actually ending natural evolution by looking at the things around us which is a bad sign.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

o_O.Q said:
fielding88 said:

Why do you argue in this manner? You use lol and lmao in such a condescending way. 

Have you studied these topics in-depth at school or something? Or read scholarly documents that we haven't? I don't understand how you expect to have a civilized discourse when you do nothing but talk down to everyone here and use phrases like "most," "many" and "pretty much" with little to no proof to back up any of your claims (except for other phrases like "I know better," against which nobody can really argue.)  

Can you point me in the direction of some of the anarcho-communist literature you're reading so I know where you're coming from? Or where you're sourcing your information on atheistic motivations? 

"Why do you argue in this manner? You use lol and lmao in such a condescending way. "

but i mean come on if i'm dealing with someone that can't see that "anarcho-communism" is an oxymoron what am i supposed to do with that?

"Have you studied these topics in-depth at school or something? "

whether i have or have not is irrelevant... do you have counterpoint to anything i've posted?

"when you do nothing but talk down to everyone here and use phrases like "most," "many" and "pretty much" with little to no proof to back up any of your claims"

i don't know what you're talking about here, can you quote the point i made so i can address your problem here?

"(except for other phrases like "I know better," against which nobody can really argue.)  "

oh i see now its about me stating that most atheists hold the position to inflate their egos... so... are you like expecting me to somehow survey people on whether they adopt an ideology to inflate their egos? does that sounds like something i can seriously acquire statistical data on?

i'm talking about what i've observed and its quite obvious that it was a subjective opinion i have... but curiously you weren't offended by vivster calling religious people morons repeatedly

seems a bit hypocritical to me but whatever

"The main difference is that the 'anarcho-communits' base their morals on rationality, not on a random ancient book."

despite this being untrue can you really not see that this is condescending? and... why aren't asking him or the other people i was in discussions with to back up similar claims like this that he can't substantiate? i don't think you're being objective here even though you're trying to pretend that you are

"Can you point me in the direction of some of the anarcho-communist literature"

we're on the internet, you could simply open a new tab and use google right? do you have any specific rebuttal to anything i've posted or is this just some lame passive aggressive thing you're doing here?

"Or where you're sourcing your information on atheistic motivations? "

well i've address this above but i'll state that a good way to understand the motivations of people is to watch their behavior... not listening to what they say but watching what they do

As to the bold: you've demonstrated this in spades in many threads over. 

I was trying to understand your point of view, but clearly from this reply, you have no desire to actually argue or prove anything that you're saying. You use whataboutism. You quote out of context. You don't even remember what you said, and the burden of proof of your claims is on everyone else. So I'm done, thanks. 

VGPolyglot said:
o_O.Q said:

how can an anarchy which is a rule free society have a government?

Anarchy is not a synonym for chaos.

which has nothing to do with what i posted

how can a rule free society have a government?

I have studied this a lot, and let me say what I think.

Christianity is both true, and not true. Very deep in Kabbalah(which is what inspired every major religion by the way), it is taught that scripture includes the true things, and the untrue things, the false things are there for you to question without throwing it all away. This is the first step.

See, Christianity isn't necessarily bad, because it can give people some basic moral values, like kindness and compassion. But it can also bait you with some tendencies of bigotry and hatred, if you that's your tendency it's where you'll end up, and the results are sad to say the least. But if you focus on the good things it can be extremely joyous, healing and prosperous for your after-life.

As far as judment in a bad place, yeah I've seen enough for me to conclude it is a possibility. But, it's not someone on the other side with a book, checking off your sins on a piece of paper. This is nature we're talking about, and it can be quite brutal. The way to bliss and making sure that isn't gonna happen is in your heart. If your heart is heavy, for any reason, you should re-evaluate your attitude and the way you're thinking. Not only for after this life, but for the current life too. Religion can only give you the basics, and you have to work your way past the wrongness of it, and only take what's right for sure. Good luck.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
VGPolyglot said:

Anarchy is not a synonym for chaos.

Anarchy is not rule free, it's not like going around murdering people would be accepted.

fielding88 said:
o_O.Q said:

"Why do you argue in this manner? You use lol and lmao in such a condescending way. "

but i mean come on if i'm dealing with someone that can't see that "anarcho-communism" is an oxymoron what am i supposed to do with that?

"Have you studied these topics in-depth at school or something? "

whether i have or have not is irrelevant... do you have counterpoint to anything i've posted?

"when you do nothing but talk down to everyone here and use phrases like "most," "many" and "pretty much" with little to no proof to back up any of your claims"

i don't know what you're talking about here, can you quote the point i made so i can address your problem here?

"(except for other phrases like "I know better," against which nobody can really argue.)  "

oh i see now its about me stating that most atheists hold the position to inflate their egos... so... are you like expecting me to somehow survey people on whether they adopt an ideology to inflate their egos? does that sounds like something i can seriously acquire statistical data on?

i'm talking about what i've observed and its quite obvious that it was a subjective opinion i have... but curiously you weren't offended by vivster calling religious people morons repeatedly

seems a bit hypocritical to me but whatever

"The main difference is that the 'anarcho-communits' base their morals on rationality, not on a random ancient book."

despite this being untrue can you really not see that this is condescending? and... why aren't asking him or the other people i was in discussions with to back up similar claims like this that he can't substantiate? i don't think you're being objective here even though you're trying to pretend that you are

"Can you point me in the direction of some of the anarcho-communist literature"

we're on the internet, you could simply open a new tab and use google right? do you have any specific rebuttal to anything i've posted or is this just some lame passive aggressive thing you're doing here?

"Or where you're sourcing your information on atheistic motivations? "

well i've address this above but i'll state that a good way to understand the motivations of people is to watch their behavior... not listening to what they say but watching what they do

As to the bold: you've demonstrated this in spades in many threads over. 

I was trying to understand your point of view, but clearly from this reply, you have no desire to actually argue or prove anything that you're saying. You use whataboutism. You quote out of context. You don't even remember what you said, and the burden of proof of your claims is on everyone else. So I'm done, thanks. 

"So I'm done, thanks. "

you never began.. you didn't address anything i posted, instead resorting to passive aggressive bullshit lol

make a point that's relevant to anything i've posted and then we can start

furthermore you've accused me of behavior that i've demonstrated is being perpetuated by others i've conversed with and you didn't have a problem with them (presumably because you agree with their perspective)  so really unless you are ready to actually provide some backing such as direct quotation to your criticisms it'd be best to just keep them to yourself

for example - " You don't even remember what you said" with regards to what? it should be obvious that if you don't quote the post you have a problem with i'll be unaware of the context

VGPolyglot said:
o_O.Q said:

Anarchy is not rule free, it's not like going around murdering people would be accepted.

but... that's anarchy... its a situation where there are no rules governing the behavior of people

meaning for example that murder would not be condemned because no behavior is condemned under anarchy

o_O.Q said:
VGPolyglot said:

but... that's anarchy... its a situation where there are no rules governing the behavior of people

meaning for example that murder would not be condemned because no behavior is condemned under anarchy

No, that's not what anarchy is.

o_O.Q said:
VGPolyglot said:

No, that's not what anarchy is.