By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Fans Have Spoken, Last Jedi Drops A Massive 68%

Attack of the clones is a very good movie compared to The Last Jedi.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

If you enjoy the worst acting seen in a mainstream movie in the last 20 years, sure. That is the worst romance at the very least. 

It's a movie for a 9 year old (which is a step up from TPM which was for 8 year olds I guess, but it's actually worse than TPM in several respects). 

The Clone Wars cartoon is better than the prequels which says a lot. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 09 January 2018

Soundwave said:
Lucas-Rio said:

If you enjoy the worst acting seen in a mainstream movie in the last 20 years, sure. That is the worst romance at the very least. 

It's a movie for a 9 year old (which is a step up from TPM which was for 8 year olds I guess, but it's actually worse than TPM in several respects). 

Your hate come about 15 years too late.

Attack of clones is my least liked movie out of the 6 GL SW. It is still much better than SW8.

Monday BO numbers are in and it's looking even worse for TLJ. It did just $1.79M. That's only 1.7% over RO for the same day. If this keeps up, that 8.6% is was outperforming RO outside of opening weekend is going to drop fast.

As much as I disagree with them. I gotta hand it to these people. They're so dedicated to hating The Last Jedi they gave it lower user reviews than Ghostbusters 2016.

In a society where we continue to get lazier, a Star Wars movie is what motivates us to do something with our lives.

Don't mind me though, I was bought out by Disney to say I liked the movie.

Around the Network

It is so far the second highest grossing Star Wars film of all time. This is good news. It was an excellent Star Wars film, however it is not the best Star Wars film. That does not detract from the fact that this was a solid movie.

Congratulations, TLJ just surpassed Iron Man 3 and Minions.

Lucas-Rio said:
Soundwave said:

Your hate come about 15 years too late.

Attack of clones is my least liked movie out of the 6 GL SW. It is still much better than SW8.

There's only 3 real Star Wars movies and that's IV, V, VI.

Prequels don't deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation. They're an abomination like Godfather III. Darth Maul is the only character from the prequels people cared about largely because he had no dialogue to ruin the character and a double ended glow stick. Anyone dying for more Count Dooku? I thought not. 

Sequel trilogy is its own thing just with better acting, cinematography, and writing than prequels but doesn't deserve to be in the same category as the originals. Kylo is a better character than anyone in the prequels, he does the whole whiny/conflicted thing better than Mannequin Skywalker. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 09 January 2018

CGI-Quality said:
Soundwave said:

There's only 3 real Star Wars movies and that's IV, V, VI.

Prequels don't deserve to be mentioned in the same conversation. They're an abomination like Godfather III. Darth Maul is the only character from the prequels people cared about largely because he had no dialogue to ruin the character and a double ended glow stick. Anyone dying for more Count Dooku? I thought not. 

Sequel trilogy is its own thing just with better acting, cinematography, and writing. Kylo is a better character than anyone in the prequels, he does the whiny/conflicted thing better than Mannequin Skywalker. 

Hey now - Qui-Gon and Windu were awesome guys! 

They're only cool because of the casting, the characters themselves are duller than expired milk. 

Lucas gives them nothing to do or no personality. That is the most muted character Sam Jackson has ever played. "A Sith ... Lord?". "I'm Ron ... Burgandy?". It's laughably bad dialogue. The Jedi were supposed to be some bad ass warriors, instead they're just a bunch of boring dorks. 

The whole whiny/conflicted teenager Anakin is done better by the sequels in Kylo Ren, far better. Adam Driver is a way better actor and he's given half way competent dialogue to work with. That's the whole point of the prequels and the sequels does that better with its secondary character, lol. 

The Clone Wars cartoon gets Anakin right, too bad the movies fail miserably, not like he's the main character or anything. Kind of a big miss. Kylo stomps movie Mannequin. 

CGI-Quality said:
Soundwave said:

They're only cool because of the casting, the characters themselves are duller than expired milk. 

Lucas gives them nothing to do or no personality. That is the most muted character Sam Jackson has ever played. "A Sith ... Lord?". "I'm Ron ... Burgandy?". It's laughably bad dialogue. The Jedi were supposed to be some bad ass warriors, instead they're just a bunch of boring dorks. 

I don't think they were that sterile, they just didn't "pop" like the characters of IV, V, and VI. Unlike many, though, I like the Prequels (not nearly as much as the originals), so I have a harder time being as critical. There were only two things I would have been fine without - Grievous and Jar Jar!

A 3rd grade play has more pop than the prequels, lol. 

The prequels basically had two settings:

1.) Absurdly cartoony CG characters

2.) Dull/emotionless human characters

It's an insanely poor combination. I don't know how Lucas couldn't see that the warm/bantering/fun human characters in the original Star Wars is what made the whole thing work. Huge fundamental mistake right off the bat. 

Like Padme for example, the female "lead" of the prequels ... what is her personality? Does she even have one other than walking around like a Christmas ornament waiting to get preggers? Compare her to Princess Leia, it's night and day. Han Solo? Forget it, lol, all the human characters combined have the charisma/personality of Han Solo's pinky finger. 

Kylo Ren/Rey/Finn/Poe even if flawed are a large upgrade in humans and the sequel trilogy loses the CGI dumb assery for the most part making the movies feel "real" again instead of a overblown cartoon. So for that I think they do well. They're just never going to be as original/unique as the OT.