By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Fans Have Spoken, Last Jedi Drops A Massive 68%

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah because the script is the only thing important in cinema, a thousand people working in a movie to make it look and sound incredible and at the end we only valorate the work of one of them, the one that wrote the script, because that's all what cinema is about, a story written on a piece of paper... oh wait...

Good effects are not going to save a movie. The  effects of sacrifice of tha captain are not going to save Luke's scene drinking disgusting green milk. The great effects in the set where Kylo wants to convince Rey after defeating Snoke and his guards are not going to chance the boring beggining.

It is worse than I expected. Not only you don't care for good writing. You are satisfied with great effects only. It seems that disney movies are for you.

If you believe I'm talking about special effects (lol) in my message then is clear you don't understand nothing at all, but then again, that was clear enough already, read my conversation with Mzuzek about the language of cinema and see if you can grasp something about what I'm trying to say, cause right now you are far away.

Last edited by Goodnightmoon - on 30 December 2017

Around the Network

The three Disney Star Wars movies thus far are better than:

Star Wars prequels, Marvel Films (Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, etc.), Harry Potter series, The Hobbit Trilogy, Transformers, Star Trek Abramsverse, Jurassic World/Jurassic Sequels, DC Films (Batman Vs. Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League), Terminator Genisys, X-Men (series), recent Alien/Prometheus, Pirates of the Caribbean series, Independence Day 2 (barf), Fast & Furious series, The Matrix Trilogy (first one is a great film, but the next two are mediocre), 4th Indiana Jones (barf). Spider-Man (series).

I'd Say It's Equal To:

Planet Of The Apes Trilogy, Avatar.

And Below:

Original Star Wars Trilogy (never gonna be beaten), Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Dark Knight Trilogy (though DK Rises sucked).

A lot of hate for something that's better than 95% of what is considered a blockbuster. TFA, TLJ, ROne may not be great films, but they're all solid to good IMO. You're not getting something that's OT Star Wars tier, not gonna happen.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Good effects are not going to save a movie. The  effects of sacrifice of tha captain are not going to save Luke's scene drinking disgusting green milk. The great effects in the set where Kylo wants to convince Rey after defeating Snoke and his guards are not going to chance the boring beggining.

It is worse than I expected. Not only you don't care for good writing. You are satisfied with great effects only. It seems that disney movies are for you.

If you believe I'm talking about special effects (lol) in my message then is clear you don't understand nothing at all, but then again, that was clear enough already, read my conversation with Mzez about the language of cinema and see if you can grasp something about what cinema is about. Spoiler: no is not about special effects (lol) and no, is not about scripts alone.

The point is that the script is awful.

The main plot is about a spaceship that can't escape hyperspace because it can be tracked and that will run out of fuel. Don't you see how stupid it is for a main plot? It has so many holes, the First Order could have intercepted them so many times. They just had to send a second ship into hyperspace to cut the rebel escape.

Also, Finn and Rose escape the rebel ship on a tiny ship and are undetected by the First order. Why they  don't all escape like that earlier?

Finn is about to suicide himself and is prevented by Rose, they crash right in front of the first order, far from the rebel base. Why  they are not killed by the First Order? How do they get back without being killed?

How do Finn know about the hyperspace tracker, and how does he know its exact location on the main FO ship? Even Snoke wasn't aware they had this tracker.

I can demolish all the plots of this movie fairly easily. It was so badly written and executed.

Soundwave said:

Star Wars prequels, Marvel Films (Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, etc.), Harry Potter series, The Hobbit Trilogy, Transformers, Star Trek Abramsverse, Jurassic World/Jurassic Sequels, DC Films (Batman Vs. Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League), Terminator Genisys, X-Men (series), recent Alien/Prometheus, Pirates of the Caribbean series, Independence Day 2 (barf), Fast & Furious series, The Matrix Trilogy (first one is a great film, but the next two are mediocre), 4th Indiana Jones (barf). Spider-Man (series).

I'd Say It's Equal To:

And Below:

Original Star Wars Trilogy (never gonna be beaten), Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Dark Knight Trilogy (though DK Rises sucked).

A lot of hate for something that's better than 95% of what is considered a blockbuster. TFA, TLJ, ROne may not be great films, but they're all solid to good IMO. You're not getting something that's OT Star Wars tier, not gonna happen.

SW8 movie is inferior to all movies you mentionned. Especially inferior to the SW prequels, Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic World, Hobbit.....

It may be equal to the Marvel movies (not surprising since it's basically a Marvel movie) and other shit movies like transformers, and Batman vs Superman.

Lucas-Rio said:
Goodnightmoon said:

If you believe I'm talking about special effects (lol) in my message then is clear you don't understand nothing at all, but then again, that was clear enough already, read my conversation with Mzez about the language of cinema and see if you can grasp something about what cinema is about. Spoiler: no is not about special effects (lol) and no, is not about scripts alone.

The main plot is about a spaceship that can't escape hyperspace because it can be tracked and that will run out of fuel. Don't you see how stupid it is for a main plot? It has so many holes, the First Order could have intercepted them so many times. They just had to send a second ship into hyperspace to cut the rebel escape.

Also, Finn and Rose escape the rebel ship on a tiny ship and are undetected by the First order. Why they  don't all escape like that earlier?

Finn is about to suicide himself and is prevented by Rose, they crash right in front of the first order, far from the rebel base. Why  they are not killed by the First Order? How do they get back without being killed?

How do Finn know about the hyperspace tracker, and how does he know its exact location on the main FO ship? Even Snoke wasn't aware they had this tracker.

I can demolish all the plots of this movie fairly easily. It was so badly written and executed.

Sure, but when a completley random tribe of teddy bears save the whole galaxy killing the imperial enemies with stick and rocks because they believe C3PO is God, now that's a great script and real star Wars, not Disney bullshit xD You don't seem to understand what SW is to beggin with.

You overanalize a family blockbuster as it was a Dostoievski book, which is sad as fuck, none of the points you make are unexplicable at all specially in a universe like Star Wars that always takes a lot of freedom, if those are the reasons why you think the script is bad then you should probably think the whole saga is terrible.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Soundwave said:

I'd Say It's Equal To:

And Below:

SW8 movie is inferior to all movies you mentionned. Especially inferior to the SW prequels, Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic World, Hobbit.....

It may be equal to the Marvel movies (not surprising since it's basically a Marvel movie) and other shit movies like transformers, and Batman vs Superman.

Star Wars prequels are kiddie cartoony shit with the worst acting I have ever seen in a modern blockbuster series. Natalie Portman and Samuel L. Jackson are hilariously wooden in particular. These are not live action movies aside from maybe the last 45 minutes of ROTS ... they are cartoons. I can't take them seriously. Also "yeah but the cool stuff is in the Clone Wars cartoon!" ... is a lame excuse, what the hell are these three movies for then (particularily the first two?). Nothing but character introductions. 

Pirates movies are a trainwreck, I still don't know the plot of any of those films, just druken Johnny Depp making fun quips and piratey atmosphere. 

Jurassic World was TFA, but not as good. The other two Jurassic Park sequels are mediocre duds. 

Hobbit films are quite boring, by the end it was so painfully obvious they had stretched a 3 hour story into three movies just to milk it for money. 

The Matrix, the first one is great, and belongs in the tier with Star Wars OT, LOTR. Too bad the sequels were crap. 

Marvel has made some solid films (Iron Man 1, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy), but the current Star Wars are a clear step beyond. I mean they're Marvel films. What the fuck do you want? Some kind of life lesson from a Thor movie? 

I'd say the X-Men series is about the same tier as the SW sequels. X1 is a decent movie, X2 is very good, X3 is terrible, X1 First Class is solid, X2 Days Of Convoluted Titles is solid, but the last one kinda sucked.

Last edited by Soundwave - on 30 December 2017

Goodnightmoon said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Sure, but when a completley random tribe of teddy bears save the whole galaxy killing the imperial enemies with stick and rocks because they believe C3PO is God, now that's a great script and real star Wars, not Disney bullshit xD You don't seem to understand what SW is to beggin with.

You overanalize a family blockbuster as it was a Dostoieski book, which is sad as fuck, none of the points you make are unexplicable at all specially in a universe like Star Wars that always takes a lot of freedom, if those are the reasons why you think the script is bad then you should probably think the whole saga is terrible.

You did not like the Ewoks, but it is still not a plot hole. It makes a way more sense, they are on their territory, the stortrooper don't know them, they are getting ambushed.

None of the SW8 plot make sense. The Ewok thing don't last 2h30 and is not the main forcus of the movie neither.

Lucas-Rio said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You overanalize a family blockbuster as it was a Dostoieski book, which is sad as fuck, none of the points you make are unexplicable at all specially in a universe like Star Wars that always takes a lot of freedom, if those are the reasons why you think the script is bad then you should probably think the whole saga is terrible.

You did not like the Ewoks, but it is still not a plot hole. It makes a way more sense, they are on their territory, the stortrooper don't know them, they are getting ambushed.

None of the SW8 plot make sense. The Ewok thing don't last 2h30 and is not the main forcus of the movie neither.

They are just the reason why they save the whole galaxy, nothing important at all lol. They even destroy a bunch of At-TS with wood, very convincent.

Funny because those teddy bears saving the galaxy are more of a "Disney" thing (in a bad way) than anything that Disney has made in the new films, and by a huge margin, oh the irony, but of course the original trilogy is super logical, super serious and totally perfect, the news are shit though.

Soundwave said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Star Wars prequels are kiddie cartoony shit with the worst acting I have ever seen in a modern blockbuster series. Natalie Portman and Samuel L. Jackson are hilariously wooden in particular. These are not live action movies aside from maybe the last 45 minutes of ROTS ... they are cartoons. I can't take them seriously. Also "yeah but the cool stuff is in the Clone Wars cartoon!" ... is a lame excuse, what the hell are these three movies for then (particularily the first two?). Nothing but character introductions. 

Pirates movies are a trainwreck, I still don't know the plot of any of those films, just druken Johnny Depp making fun quips and piratey atmosphere. 

Jurassic World was TFA, but not as good. The other two Jurassic Park sequels are mediocre duds. 

Hobbit films are quite boring, by the end it was so painfully obvious they had stretched a 3 hour story into three movies just to milk it for money. 

The Matrix, the first one is great, and belongs in the tier with Star Wars OT, LOTR. Too bad the sequels were crap. 

Marvel has made some solid films (Iron Man 1, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy), but the current Star Wars are a clear step beyond. I mean they're Marvel films. What the fuck do you want? Some kind of life lesson from a Thor movie? 

I'd say the X-Men series is about the same tier as the SW sequels. X1 is a decent movie, X2 is very good, X3 is terrible, X1 First Class is solid, X2 Days Of Convoluted Titles is solid, but the last one kinda sucked.

I totally disagree with you. The prequels are not just action movie, that's why you get lost. They are certainly not cartoon. They are scifi movies that are way deeper than SW7 and 8 and considerably expand the universe. The story is great and very well told , it's very political and about the end of democracy and the rise of the empire alongside the fall of the previous order, by the manipulation of Sidious who in fact rule both the republic and the separatists. It's way deeper than the Disney TV show. ROTS is the darkest Star Wars by a huge margin. SW8 looks like a child book in comparison.

The Padme love story was badly made and the acting was not always perfect , I will give you that.

Matrix is in another league, great serie.

I don't like Marvel at all,  these are boring and useless super heros movies, waste of space. Nolan's Batman was much much better.  Pirate of the Carribean, especially the fist, was very fun at least.

Lucas-Rio said:
Soundwave said:

I totally disagree with you. The prequels are not just action movie, that's why you get lost. They are certainly not cartoon. They are scifi movies that are way deeper than SW7 and 8 and considerably expand the universe. The story is great and very well told , it's very political and about the end of democracy and the rise of the empire alongside the fall of the previous order, by the manipulation of Sidious who in fact rule both the republic and the separatists. It's way deeper than the Disney TV show. ROTS is the darkest Star Wars by a huge margin. SW8 looks like a child book in comparison.

The Padme love story was badly made and the acting was not always perfect , I will give you that.

Matrix is in another league, great serie.

I don't like Marvel at all,  these are boring and useless super heros movies, waste of space. Nolan's Batman was much much better.  Pirate of the Carribean, especially the fist, was very fun at least.

Holy shit, are you really saying the prequels are great, deep and mature movies with a very well told story? Holy mother of GOD, if this is your level then everything you have said in this thread suddlenly makes a lot of sense. Even George Lucas would laugh about your statement, episode 1 and 2 are horrible in almost every possible way and they are WAY more childish than any other movie in the franchise, specially the first one. The third one is the only one acceptable from a narrative pov and still it has terrible acting, embarrasing moments, poor writting and a very questionable direction and cinematography. 

And how can Matrix be a great serie when only one of them is good? Matrix 2 and 3 are pretty crappy and not in a subtle way.