By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo v Sony. War of attrition.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Except when Microsoft cut them in half and Nintendo outsold both?

So all it takes is 1 gen?

Nintendo only has to get 'lucky' once. I think we're going to get to the point where Switch is at $49-$100 and PS5 offers little over PS4. If the next big hits are games that look like Fortnite instead of whatever todays Crysis equivalent is then Switch and Switch 2 are sitting pretty compared to whatever 4K stuff MS/Sony/PC have to offer.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
pastro243 said:
wasn't the same one locked?

it was worded wrong.

You literally just changed one line and removed the note to the mods. Other than that the post is exactly the same.

When Nintendo overcomes this, Sony's dead.

(To Mods: If you're going to let 'Nintendo is still doomed threads' pass then this thread shouldn't be a problem unless reality is hard to accept).

To this:

When Nintendo overcomes this, Playstation (as we know it) is dead.

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:

So all it takes is 1 gen?

Nintendo only has to get 'lucky' once. I think we're going to get to the point where Switch is at $49-$100 and PS5 offers little over PS4. If the next big hits are games that look like Fortnite instead of whatever todays Crysis equivalent is then Switch and Switch 2 are sitting pretty compared to whatever 4K stuff MS/Sony/PC have to offer.

Nintendo has gotten lucky several times. I don't get this at all. Nintendo only has to get lucky once, but Sony needs....what? Why do you assume that Sony cant be successful when we get to a point were graphics cant be improved much? They had the weakest console in their 1st and 2nd gen, yet they crushed their competition.

VGPolyglot said:
Pyro as Bill said:

it was worded wrong.

You literally just changed one line and removed the note to the mods. Other than that the post is exactly the same.

When Nintendo overcomes this, Sony's dead.

(To Mods: If you're going to let 'Nintendo is still doomed threads' pass then this thread shouldn't be a problem unless reality is hard to accept).

To this:

When Nintendo overcomes this, Playstation (as we know it) is dead.

I changed the parts that 'offended' and resubmitted like CGI recommended.

A rose by any other name

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:

Well nobody really comes close to Sony in the console market...

So what if Sony gets into the hybrid business. They'll have support with tons of third party backers at well. Nothing in the console market is ever guaranteed. Remember, even the 3DS sold only a fraction of its predecessor. The mobile market ate into that. Nintendo's success with the Switch, particularly in Japan is actually a response to a demand to have console gaming on the go. If someone wanted to challenge Nintendo on this with a more capable product, they could.

KLXVER said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Nintendo has gotten lucky several times. I don't get this at all. Nintendo only has to get lucky once, but Sony needs....what? Why do you assume that Sony cant be successful when we get to a point were graphics cant be improved much? They had the weakest console in their 1st and 2nd gen, yet they crushed their competition.

Had MS successfully followed up on the 360, PS4 wouldn't be set to sell over 140M. MS cut them in half with no ill effect on Nintendo. It's pretty clear what you have to do to compete with Sony (hint:no kinect). Nobody's come up with a way to stop Nintendo. Whether it's 5 years or 50 years, unless someone can counter Nintendo they're set to win in the end.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Pyro as Bill said:

So what if Sony gets into the hybrid business.

MS will crucify them but if they don't Nintendo will bleed them out.

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:

Had MS successfully followed up on the 360, PS4 wouldn't be set to sell over 140M. MS cut them in half with no ill effect on Nintendo. It's pretty clear what you have to do to compete with Sony (hint:no kinect). Nobody's come up with a way to stop Nintendo. Whether it's 5 years or 50 years, unless someone can counter Nintendo they're set to win in the end.

Well no one has come up with a way to stop Sony either...

Wow. I'm actually speechless.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames