By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the current state of VGC? - A Survey

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:

Maybe that design is good for mobile use, but I absolutely loathe that and GAFs design. I don't plan to nor will I ever browse a forum from my phone.

bdbdbd said:

The "red" and "blue" themed sites we had years ago worked very well with mobile, it was the "black" site that broke the mobile. Prior to the current site, I used to visit here multiple times a day.

Haha, guys that was analogy. I'm saying if VGChartz was a phone it would be a flip phone not a smart phone. On that topic though, this site is a hot mess on mobile devices and backwards in that regards as well. New website trend is being modular.

VGC needs to step into the 2010's. 

Or maybe go back to 2006. It's interesting how everything in the internet worked like a charm on mobile a decade ago, but today everything is so half-assed, that you wouldn't want to use mobile on web browsing if you don't have to. Maybe it's because the mobile browsers are designed to view "regular" websites, but all the websites are designed to be used mobile devices.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Now, this is mainly a thread of personal interest, rather than an official VGC survey. However, after having discussions with others I am wondering what the state of VGC is according to the community here, and thus I have a few questions that I'd like to ask:

1. When did you join the site, and what were your reasons for joining?
  2. How has your interest in VGChartz evolved as your time here has passed?
  3. How often do you frequent/check VGC? Which sections of the site do you visit most frequently?
  4. How do you feel about the community here? Is it better/poorer than when you first joined?
  5. How do you feel about the current changes/fixes/updates being made on VGC?
  6. Fill in any other information/thoughts/feedback/reception here
Thanks to all who post!! I'm curious to see what the results will be.

I will just like to ask a question that is there anything changed here for ages? after the last INCOMPLETE major overhaul, only thing i have seen changed is the addition of more and more ads. I think that the site is taking away the reasons from its loyal userbase to visit this website and go find other home. 

As someone earlier mentioned Resetera has a very simple, neat, clean, tidy design. Very few ads and none to the hindrance of the user who is searching for info. First VGC has such a heavy design and then they have so many ads. 

I will just say to vgc owners, don't push away ur visitors. 

I'm tired .

I don't get why people don't like this site on mobile. It works way better than most sites.

When did you join the site, and what were your reasons for joining?

March 2014. I was really happy the exact day I joined, but I don't know particularly what made me join. I remember lurking back in 2012-2013 a lot, but I didn't join out of fear of being instabanned for saying extreme anything against Nintendo or the dominating Xbox. I guess I joined because of Sony dominating, which meant users weren't gonna be rubbing numbers onto others' faces.

How has your interest in VGChartz evolved as your time here has passed?

I guess you could say it devolved. I barely log in anymore.

How often do you frequent/check VGC? Which sections of the site do you visit most frequently?

Not as much as I used to do. From 5-6 times a day to once a week. I don't frequent any part of the site particularly. I just go to the main page and click on whatever hot topic that interests me.

How do you feel about the community here? Is it better/poorer than when you first joined?

I have to say it has worsened as time went by. There are many toxic users that muddies the waters and holds you from opening certain threads.

How do you feel about the current changes/fixes/updates being made on VGC?

I'm really impressed that improvements were made to the site even at this point.

Fill in any other information/thoughts/feedback/reception here

None, for now.