By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XVI vs. Dragon Quest XII

final fantasy was always the big flagship of squaresoft and dragon quest of enix, and the biggest rivals. today both ip's belongs to square enix. but neverless we can say the battle between the two ip's was always interesting, at the most salewise...many would say dq is the winner in japan and ff worldwide...many things changed, both ip's improved in different directions..

but if we look in the future, for what game are you interested more, what ip of the next mainline entry has the better chances worldwide? still final fantasy, or will dragon quest take the crown?

Around the Network

If FF XVI returned to what made FF a masterpiece in the first place(picture FF X as an example), FF beats the hell out of DQ easily, no need to think twice.

But if FF keeps going in the same direction as the last few FFs?DQ no doubt.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
If FF XVI returned to what made FF a masterpiece in the first place(picture FF X as an example), FF beats the hell out of DQ easily, no need to think twice.

If the next FF game is a corridor fest with mostly bland characters and a whiny protagonist, I wouldn't be very hyped for it, and I would certainly prefer Dragon Quest.

If FFXVI can be a 40hr jrpg with all content day 1 instead of adding things in monthly and coming out 60% complete it will be glorious. Still liked XV but it should have been so much more

Final Fantasy always interested me more than Dragon Quest, so that would essentially win by default for me.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
Nautilus said:

If the next FF game is a corridor fest with mostly bland characters and a whiny protagonist, I wouldn't be very hyped for it, and I would certainly prefer Dragon Quest.

Bland characters hardly. And Tidus was 17 thrown 1000 years into the future. He also matures through the game. He's allowed to whine a little.

Last edited by Harkins1721 - on 19 December 2017

Dragon Quest. Series is still good unlike FF.

Keybladewielder said:
Nautilus said:

You must have played FF XIII then, because FF X is nothing like that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wow, we are getting ahead of ourselves here, I haven't played yet neither FF15 nor DQ11.

But to answer your question honestly, I'll probably go for both future FF16 and DQ12 assuming both are actually made and assuming I'm alive by then, and all that is a lot of assumptions too

The replay valor for FFXV was 0. Finished once and forgot it. I hope Cyberpunk 2077 has the re-play valor of Skyrim with support for mods.