By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I just watched the Last Jedi and (spoiler)....

Lucas-Rio said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Cause there isn't a horde of angry trolls making multiple accounts to give Revegne of the sith the lowest possible score but in the case of TLJ there is a ton of them, simple enough to understand.

What are you calling people troll? They hated the movie, they have the right to express their opinions.

You think that giving a score of 1 for this movie is a joke? I think that giving 10 for this movie is an even bigger joke. There is no justification for giving a perfect score for this kind of movie, it's way too weak. This clearly isn't a masterpiece like the Godfather.... Even if you liked the movie you must admit that it wasn't anything close to a 10.

Giving more weight to a 10 than to a 1 is a joke.

When a movie has 85% of its scores in the 5-10 range but then a 10-15% is only scores of 1 then it makes total sense to weight the average because is not representative, that 10% is just angry people giving an unreasonable score that hurts the overall number too much, the jump of scores makes it evident enough for the system to fix it and make a accurate score.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Lucas-Rio said:

What are you calling people troll? They hated the movie, they have the right to express their opinions.

You think that giving a score of 1 for this movie is a joke? I think that giving 10 for this movie is an even bigger joke. There is no justification for giving a perfect score for this kind of movie, it's way too weak. This clearly isn't a masterpiece like the Godfather.... Even if you liked the movie you must admit that it wasn't anything close to a 10.

Giving more weight to a 10 than to a 1 is a joke.

Also when a movie gets 85% of its score in the 5-10 range but then a 10% is only scores of 1 then it makes total sense to weight the average because is not representative, that 10% is just angry people giving an unreasonable score that hurts the overall number too much. 

Because the fanboys that are giving a 10 are not hurting the average score?

The movie is average at best, giving it 10/10 is an even bigger joke.

My point against IMDB stand, currently they are inflating the score of the last Jedi.

Lucas-Rio said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Also when a movie gets 85% of its score in the 5-10 range but then a 10% is only scores of 1 then it makes total sense to weight the average because is not representative, that 10% is just angry people giving an unreasonable score that hurts the overall number too much. 

Because the fanboys that are giving a 10 are not hurting the average score?

The movie is average at best, giving it 10/10 is an even bigger joke.

My point against IMDB stand, currently they are inflating the score of the last Jedi.

Your point is lame, imdb is just giving less weight to unreasonable and suspicious scores and it does the same with every fucking movie making it way more realiable than most sites. Most people liked the movie, is simple as that, what you are hearing on the internet is a very loud minority.

Well... It was in line with the previous film and was a bit less insulting. Despite all, Luke still went with a bang.

But, what upsets me is the whole setting. Where does the first order come from? Who was snooke?
I guess they are gonna cash that in on prequal movies, but the whole thing is still pretty disappointing.
I would've prefered if they went with Lucas original plans or simply the extended universe.

Nem said:
Well... It was in line with the previous film and was a bit less insulting. Despite all, Luke still went with a bang.

But, what upsets me is the whole setting. Where does the first order come from? Who was snooke?
I guess they are gonna cash that in on prequal movies, but the whole thing is still pretty disappointing.
I would've prefered if they went with Lucas original plans or simply the extended universe.

No he didn't.

He died a very weak and sad death, alone, from exhaustion. That's the summum of weakness.  Nobody dies of exhausation. He did not fought once in the movie.

He was knocked out by Kylo Ren in the past when he was a padawan, knocked down by Rey and disarmed, knocked down by the fire that Yoda set on the tree.

That was terrible and that' probably what led most fans to hate this movie. It's a bad movie for a lot of reasons, but it's a disgusting movie by how it terminated Luke.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Nem said:

No he didn't.

He died a very weak and sad death, alone, from exhaustion. That's the summum of weakness.  Nobody dies of exhausation. He did not fought once in the movie.

He was knocked out by Kylo Ren in the past when he was a padawan, knocked down by Rey and disarmed, knocked down by the fire that Yoda set on the tree.

That was terrible and that' probably what led most fans to hate this movie. It's a bad movie for a lot of reasons, but it's a disgusting movie by how it terminated Luke.

It's in line with what they did to the republic, to Han and Leia. The whole thing is terrible, not this movie in particular.

But the twist with how he saved the rebellion and tricked Kylo was cool... For what it is.

Aeolus451 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I was stupified by your statement. Care to elaborate on what you mean exactly?

Alot of the people behind the film made some cringy sjw comments that highlights the fact that they put alot of things for bullshit reasons. It's similar to the state of marvel comics.  If they would just put more effort into the writing, pick actors on merit instead of race/sex and stop trying to ham fist progressivism into everything, we would have better films. It's no different than when religious people try to put a religious message into everything. It just sours whatever they created. I don't really care if sjws or religious people make their own content with their "messages" in them but don't hijack other content then inject that bullshit into it. Let me make this perfectly clear, I'm fine with anything with "diversity" in it but it has to make sense within the story and come off as genuine. For example, Predator 2 with Danny Glover. I really like that movie because it's a good movie. The character is perfectly written and well acted. The blade movies are pretty good. He seems like an actual badass. Coming to America is another good movie because the way it was done. I wish I could get baths like that. Sanford & Son is fucking hilarious. Why? Because they're genuine and they don't have sjws trying to ham fist their world view into it.  

Then you'll need to come up with examples. The Last Jedi didn't do anything specially "pro-diversity", so I don't see your point.

Aeolus451 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I was stupified by your statement. Care to elaborate on what you mean exactly?

Alot of the people behind the film made some cringy sjw comments that highlights the fact that they put alot of things for bullshit reasons. It's similar to the state of marvel comics.  If they would just put more effort into the writing, pick actors on merit instead of race/sex and stop trying to ham fist progressivism into everything, we would have better films. It's no different than when religious people try to put a religious message into everything. It just sours whatever they created. I don't really care if sjws or religious people make their own content with their "messages" in them but don't hijack other content then inject that bullshit into it. Let me make this perfectly clear, I'm fine with anything with "diversity" in it but it has to make sense within the story and come off as genuine. For example, Predator 2 with Danny Glover. I really like that movie because it's a good movie. The character is perfectly written and well acted. The blade movies are pretty good. He seems like an actual badass. Coming to America is another good movie because the way it was done. I wish I could get baths like that. Sanford & Son is fucking hilarious. Why? Because they're genuine and they don't have sjws trying to ham fist their world view into it.  

Ok, let me see if I understand. In a war between galaxies that involves dozens of different alien and humanoid races you think that it would make sense for the humans to be represented by only one race and one gender?

I mean, since the very first movie we have seen blue, green and purple people, humanoids with tentacles and with furry, reptilian humanoids, etc, etc., but having people from different races from planet earth doesnt make sense to you?

Personally, I liked The Last Jedi, but sorry to hear you were disappointed in it.

chakkra said:
Aeolus451 said:

Ok, let me see if I understand. In a war between galaxies that involves dozens of different alien and humanoid races you think that it would make sense for the humans to be represented by only one race and one gender?

I mean, since the very first movie we have seen blue, green and purple people, humanoids with tentacles and with furry, reptilian humanoids, etc, etc., but having people from different races from planet earth doesnt make sense to you?

Seriously, do you people bother to read posts? Where the fuck did say that I said the film has to have one sex or race in it? Not anywhere. Did i imply it? No. So what the fuck happened in your thinking when you read my post?