By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘I have no idea what I saw’: Pentagon admits to secret UFO hunting program

Rather embarassing for Pentagon to have such a program...

That is, if this program is for investigating silly alien myths and such. Obviously, the military has to investigate unidentified flying objects in US airspace though.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 19 December 2017

Around the Network

Keep an open mind folks!

A lot of comments in this post are basing assumptions on our own level of civilization, like saying if there was aliens and they had come all this long way here they would just sit in the sky and disappear. Who says they would need that long? The universe is so old, it is easily possible that there are civilizations that had thousands, if not hundreds of thousand years more in advancement in technology and consciousness. Just imagine where we would be in 1000 years. And principles of physics are regularly being discovered as not the full truth we thought. It would be ignorant to believe we know it all and we can say these things with such certainty.

On another note, sadly there is much ridicule still present in the mind of people, like seen also in this thread. This is a subject that deserves true investigation and let me tell you that the ridicule was instigated by the CIA in the late 40s in a period where UFO mass sightings became a regular occurence in the USA. Because the government didn't know how to explain it they chose to ridicule it, because to ridiucle something is the BEST WAY to keep people from thinking and talking about something, because they won't take it serious anymore.

I mean, they truly succeeded, think about it. Most of you just laugh about without ever giving it true invesitgation and own tought. While the facts are that if you just dig a little bit, you quickly discover serious implications. Like high-ranking government officials that have been outspoken about the subject. If you don't trust regular folks and their UFO reports, would you rather trust a military general, or an astronaut? How bout a secretary of defense?

Do your digging, but here are some nuggets:

Astronauts:
Brian O'Leary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PraLm46PHHs
Edgar Mitchell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AAJ34_NMcI
Gordon Cooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvPR8T1o3Dc

Former Canadian Secretary of Defense, Paul Hellyer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QwInlHmX-o

National Press club 2010, high-ranking officials state their experiences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUU4Z8QdHI

andisart said:
Keep an open mind folks!

A lot of comments in this post are basing assumptions on our own level of civilization, like saying if there was aliens and they had come all this long way here they would just sit in the sky and disappear. Who says they would need that long? The universe is so old, it is easily possible that there are civilizations that had thousands, if not hundreds of thousand years more in advancement in technology and consciousness. Just imagine where we would be in 1000 years. And principles of physics are regularly being discovered as not the full truth we thought. It would be ignorant to believe we know it all and we can say these things with such certainty.

So they're advanced enough to travel millions of lightyears to find us here, but they're not able to stay discreet while doing so?

Flilix said:
andisart said:
Keep an open mind folks!

So they're advanced enough to travel millions of lightyears to find us here, but they're not able to stay discreet while doing so?

There's a chance. Their technology would have taken a completely different route to space travel than ours. Our radar could work in a way that they couldn't have forseen. Like how we couldn't tell how their ship was being propelled through the sky, according to the article.

They say within 6 feet, a knife beats a gun. Despite the gun being considerably more advanced technology, the situation favours the bronze age weapon. Our planet and the close proximity could have played a factor here.

Oh I see...now they’re pulling out the UFO stories again to distract from all the crap going on up there.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
vivster said:

Stupid article. Trying to hype up shit. If they had actually found anything they wouldn't have abandoned the program. There may have been some UFOs but I'm 100% sure that none of them had anything to do with aliens. It's just not probable at all.

You should say 99% sure cause saying 100% sure seems to be as one sided as all those who claim to be 100% sure Aliens visit us all the time...

Other than that, I agree with you. The most illogical thing here is the fact that if Aliens would bother to travel the absolutely unfathomable hugeness of space, that the least they should do is to show themselves to us and communicate openly. I mean traveling such huge distances to just hover around our skies for a few minutes just enough so a few people see them then doing nothing and just leaving, makes no sense.

If I decided to travel super far away, to the other side of the world I would want to see stuff and try stuff and talk to people but traveling so far to just look around me in the airport then immediately take a plane back home without seeing or doing anything is illogical and even more so from beings supposedly much more advanced than us.

Nah, I shouldn't say 99%. I should say 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...%. Which mathematically is just 100%.

The question is not if they'd contact us, it's whether they would even find us because that's only possible by stumbling upon us at random chance. And that chance is literally astronomically small.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

You should say 99% sure cause saying 100% sure seems to be as one sided as all those who claim to be 100% sure Aliens visit us all the time...

Other than that, I agree with you. The most illogical thing here is the fact that if Aliens would bother to travel the absolutely unfathomable hugeness of space, that the least they should do is to show themselves to us and communicate openly. I mean traveling such huge distances to just hover around our skies for a few minutes just enough so a few people see them then doing nothing and just leaving, makes no sense.

If I decided to travel super far away, to the other side of the world I would want to see stuff and try stuff and talk to people but traveling so far to just look around me in the airport then immediately take a plane back home without seeing or doing anything is illogical and even more so from beings supposedly much more advanced than us.

Nah, I shouldn't say 99%. I should say 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...%. Which mathematically is just 100%.

The question is not if they'd contact us, it's whether they would even find us because that's only possible by stumbling upon us at random chance. And that chance is literally astronomically small.

Nah, you should say 0%.

Because 100% would include not only a logical explanation for the phenomena...

Until then you re just one of those hair loss apes scratching their heads.

Last edited by Zoombael - on 20 December 2017

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
vivster said:

Nah, you should say 0%.

There is a logical explanation for everything. Not knowing what that explanation is doesn't change the fact that it's still logical and most likely has nothing to do with aliens.

Humans and science make decisions based on probability. The probability of aliens ever visiting earth is so insignificant that it can safely be ignored. Much like humans don't go out looking for winning lottery tickets in the middle of the street. And that's despite that chance being a thousand times higher than aliens visiting earth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Zoombael said:

Nah, you should say 0%.

There is a logical explanation for everything. Not knowing what that explanation is doesn't change the fact that it's still logical and most likely has nothing to do with aliens.

Humans and science make decisions based on probability. The probability of aliens ever visiting earth is so insignificant that it can safely be ignored. Much like humans don't go out looking for winning lottery tickets in the middle of the street. And that's despite that chance being a thousand times higher than aliens visiting earth.

IkePoR said:
"Show me an alien! And we'll talk" - Neil Degrasse Tyson.

In an age where everyone with a nose has a device that can record crystal clear video at their fingertips, there's still not a single image of an outer space being worth discussing.

Definitely not saying aliens walk among us, but your argument is weak at best... The devices we use are useless at night... And even in day light, any video posted online will be disregarded as a montage or video editing if posted by a anonymous source like you and me... And then there's the question of the technology they have if they can travel to earth, if they do have that they will also have the amazing technology to blink a red and blue light like our airplanes do and flight all night long mimicking a normal airplane and no one will point their devices at it because planes on the sky at night isn't Facebook material... Expecting for them to navigate our skies like crazy and showing themselves with out any care or precaution and caught it on a phone camera is a insult to any intelligence life form.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4