By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Switch sales are “unprecedented” for Nintendo

Azuren said:
ampersand said:

What is crazy is that Bitcoin, Litecoin and most US assets have skyrocketed in the last month and Nintendo is down. I know investing is a long term game, but this has to be maddening to Nintendo shareholders and executives. 

A friend of mine had 1200 bitcoins that he sold for $30,000 previously. He now says it was the biggest mistake of his life.

Ouch! He would have 18 million bucks if he held on to them 'till today... Of course, hindsight is always 20/20, so it's of no use to look at it like that. I hope he at least made some money out of it?

Around the Network
roadkillers said:
zorg1000 said:

Whoa man Game & Watch sold 43 million

Did not see that coming.

Also the first system with a D-pad..and two screens. Oh and PS2 outsold DS by about 3 million,tho in more time. DS sold faster.

Usually I would say "Isn't that a bit exaggerative? You've had more success with your handhelds within the same time frame, Reggie"

But then, I realized...if we consider the Switch a home console in this instance, especially due to pricing, then this IS unprecedented. I mean, the Switch is very likely to become a top 3 selling home console for Nintendo. When you think about it, besides Nintendo's first two home consoles, their consoles haven't sold well to a loyal demographic.

If the Switch can get more sales gradually throughout the years like how the DS managed to sell as much as it did, this will be revolutionary for them.