By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would it be wise for MS to emulate the practice of acquiring desirable games like Sony this late in the gen?

Or should they wait until next gen?

Around the Network

Depends on how long they keep going this gen, I guess.

Did I miss the part where Nintendo wasn't also doing that with games like Bayonetta 3? Ocotpath Traveler, Mario + Rabbids, SMTV and more? Nintendo and Sony are both killing it. MS tried with PUBG.

SegataSanshiro said:
Did I miss the part where Nintendo wasn't also doing that with games like Bayonetta 3? Ocotpath Traveler, Mario + Rabbids, SMTV and more? Nintendo and Sony are both killing it. MS tried with PUBG.

Nintendo bought SMT and Octopath?

If they're smart they try to found or buy and expand studios now and start development on next gen titles already, including VR, so the'll be ready and prepared when next gen starts.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Only if they own the games. Since they're going third party, there's no point in pushing a console business that they're planning to exit.

When was this announced?

KLXVER said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
Only if they own the games. Since they're going third party, there's no point in pushing a console business that they're planning to exit.

When was this announced?

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/microsoft_may_bring_first-party_franchises_to_playstation_in_the_future

Sony has been building and fostering studios for decades now. MS can't match that level of talent just by throwing a few dev teams together. Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, and Insomniac have people with over ten years experience making games that average 85+ on Metacritic.

What MS should do is try to get more of the Japanese 3rd party support that comes to PC/PS4, but not XB1.

I think it's too late for them in this gen. Sure, they can open a lot of new studios, but games, especially AAA, take time to make, and they can't just build talent overnight either, it needs time to flourish. 

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

I'd rather they just focus on making their own games next gen, rather than buying up existing IP's and studios, while locking them to a single console and OS.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"