By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - State attorneys general line up to sue FCC over net neutrality repeal

vivster said:
VAMatt said:

Oppressing people

People seem to love being oppressed considering the amount of governments we have in this world.

I wonder what a good replacement would be. Oh yes, big for-profit companies that can do whatever they want to increase their revenue. They will certainly take good care of us.

That's *an* alternative.  But, its pretty unlikely.  Right now, government and big business are one in the same. Eliminate government and you eliminate the crony capitalist system that allows big companies to pass off their losses on to taxpayers, protects them from competition, and shields them from liability and it would seem to me that businesses would have a lot less power over the lives of the average person than they do now.  

Around the Network

He's a fraud!!!

VAMatt said:
vivster said:

People seem to love being oppressed considering the amount of governments we have in this world.

I wonder what a good replacement would be. Oh yes, big for-profit companies that can do whatever they want to increase their revenue. They will certainly take good care of us.

That's *an* alternative.  But, its pretty unlikely.  Right now, government and big business are one in the same. Eliminate government and you eliminate the crony capitalist system that allows big companies to pass off their losses on to taxpayers, protects them from competition, and shields them from liability and it would seem to me that businesses would have a lot less power over the lives of the average person than they do now.  

So what would your alternative look like?

I would like to have some examples of the type of innovation net neutrality has stifled.

That's retarded. The repeal of "net neutrality" only reset it to what it was before obama got in office. More than likely, republicans will create their own version of net neutrality that's actually good for individuals and businesses alike but it will likely piss off democrats.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
That's retarded. The repeal of "net neutrality" only reset it to what it was before obama got in office. More than likely, republicans will create their own version of net neutrality that's actually good for individuals and businesses alike but it will likely piss off democrats.

What do you mean by Democrat? Congressmen, or voters?

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

What do you mean by Democrat? Congressmen, or voters?

Mainly congressmen but also anyone who strongly identifies as a democrat.

VAMatt said:
vivster said:

I would increase government to cut the corruption out from big business.  For example, elections would be funded by tax payers, making them solely accountable to the voting public. No one would be allowed to contribute to campaigns or lawmakers for any reason, doing so would face massive fines and prison time.  This way politicians don't spend 20% of their time campaigning and fund raising, they don't pass bills that have low approval rating because it appeases donors and legislation is not written by lobbyists.

My issue is never the size of government, it is how it operates and the level of corruption.  I'll take a massive government that serves its people any day over a small one that allows abuses of the citizenry for self interest. 

VAMatt said:
VGPolyglot said:

I doubt the state budget is going to be lowered at all as a result of repealing it.

I'm sure it is not.  But, NN is government control.  I oppose government control, and I especially oppose government lobbying (or, in this case, suing) for more government.  

So essentially what you want is no government?

Mystro-Sama said:
VAMatt said:

I'm sure it is not.  But, NN is government control.  I oppose government control, and I especially oppose government lobbying (or, in this case, suing) for more government.  

So essentially what you want is no government?

Well, I don't know if no government is possible in a system with people conversing with each other, but I assume he wants a stateless society.