By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

Man there is so much salt everywhere, as some here already pointed out.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said: 

Sure the busted ports shouldn't, but on this note are you saying that even the main game that is working good should be nominated because it have a shitty port or just the port shouldn't be nominated? Because although I would agree that if a game have bad versions the game as a whole shouldn't be enjoying good sales and getting prizes if they are evaluating only one version then they can say the others hold no weight on it.

When you look at the X1 version of PuB, it looks rather crap and runs like crap, but even so, the PC version isn't 100% the same either, so we could easily say that it made it's way to the awards based on how the PC version ran and how popular it was.

Look at Nier, that game was popular on PS4, yet the PC port was crap, just like how the PC version of PuB runs and looks better than the X1 version (even though I think the design is ugly as sin).

If we were to judge and enter a game based on the platform it didn't wonk out on, then we'd have to actually bother to create system category awards. Like one for Nitnendo, XB,PS multiplats. Really though, we should just make separate platform awards, since all we have are genre based awards as well as actor or writing. 

At this current time, I find it rather tilted, because I know at some point in the future, where a game that comes out to PC and then consoles, there is a chance it could be a good game and it not running so well on the other systems, then we'll be facing another "it doesn't deserve it", and it'll likely be based on how it runs, which is why I decided to talk about it recently, because I've seen this happening with ports over the years.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Birimbau said:
By the logic of popular/GOTY, league of legends should win goty every year, since it makes over twice/tree times as much as WoW in revenue and has over 100 million players.

For some people it was their GOTY the year it launched.

Snoopy said:

If you guys turn off dvr/broadcasting in xbox settings the game runs almost twice as much better or at least feels like it. Everything loads up faster too.

Edit: You also know xbox is doing something right when there is a lot of salt going on here.

You definitely know XBox is doing something wrong again, when they release another console with features that will probably be deactivated after some time, just because they cost too much power.

darkenergy said:

Same 4 or 5 guys. I think at this time Xbox guys know who's doing what and should just not respond to them.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
darkenergy said:

Same 4 or 5 guys. I think at this time Xbox guys know who's doing what and should just not respond to them.

You must admit a certain backlash is understandable, after all the “we’re helping with development and will give it our First Party Gold Treatment” talk from Microsoft, before release. 

darkenergy said:

Pretty sad, but not unexpected.

i didn’t expect so much concern trolling over an early access game though, as if that info had been hidden this whole time.

d21lewis said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

LOL what about game preview is lost?

its an alpha.....

Complete overreaction.

I've played and enjoyed other games on Xbox One that were in alpha build. My problem with this game is that it cost $30 while the others were free. PUBG is a little too unrefined at this point. If it were free that'd be cool but for $30, I can't support it.

Its the chance that is taken on game preview. Its like not wearing a condom..

I dont jump into the game previews for these reasons, i learned my lesson from ARK.

DonFerrari said: 

Zekkyou said:

A customer that wants the benefits associated with that 'gamble'. Consumers should be protected from exstremes, and they usually are (both legally and because of PR), but if they expect benefits above the standard then risks above the standard are understandable, and should be clearly presented.

I didn't say disclaimers have no legal validity, I was pointing out that its intentions likley arn't as broad as the implications (as with most disclaimers). In situations such as the one I pointed out to you earlier, it would almost certainly stand up to scrutiny.

And yes, that's part of the point. Thanks to that disclaimer both you and Sony were able to avoid any potential legal disagreement on that specific matter.

What above standard benefits are they getting here? The game will launch at the same price people on early access are paying, most early access (alpha and betas) are free and also the testers usually are paid... So I see is customers forking money to be guinea pigs instead of they collecting any special benefits.

The disclaimer is made very broad so we can't say "well it states this, but it really is that".

Yep, still more and more people are turning digital and at some point will be a lot worse option to keep hardcopy primarily.

In general they get early (and on-going) access to a title, get to help fund its development (and often allow the final game to be larger and better polished), be a part of the community that helps shape the game's future, and sometimes get the game cheaper long-term (not applicable to PUBG, but it is to many early access titles). It's fine if you don't consider these benefits worth it, but many others do. It's also entirely fine for you to in general disapprove of early access, but again, others feel differently.

I didn't say "it really is that", i said it's likley that's the case. The alternative would be an illogical position for MS to attempt to hold in extreme situations, for both the reasons i noted.

Indeed, because those people weighed the risks and rewards of going digital and many have decided it's worth it. I agree it's a shame in many respects, but it's down to the consumer to decide how much they value the benefits.

DonFerrari said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's not hard to explain. There are two modes in most modern games. Online and offline. If the online works but the offline doesn't, it's not a fully functioning game. Only half of it works. 

So you are generalizing from other games? Because online competition on DC is one of the various different modes in the game, so it hardly is half of the game, unless of course you are trying to flame the game. Which by the way is off-topic.

It must be fairly taxing replying to people AND attempting to dig into their brains, trying to figure out their motivation for posting comments. 

I don't own the game nor have I played it. I don't know if it's good or bad and don't care. I was simply addressing the concept that a game which ships with multiplayer being so broken that it doesn't even WORK could be considered a functional game. I don't think it is... not as a whole. Games aren't judged and reviewed mode-by-mode. They're judged and reviewed as a whole and as a whole, the game didn't function or work properly. Some of it did, some of it didn't. It was a total fuck job imo.