By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Nintendo Switch Is Selling Exactly As Fast As Sony's PS4" - Forbes

Do you agree with the article?

Yes, Switch will KILL the PS4! 18 12.95%

No, PS4 will remain champion! 74 53.24%

Hard to tell right now, time will only tell. 47 33.81%

Total:139

Dude, stop. 
Just admit defeat and move on.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

i always maintained my 50-60 million switch prediction. falling of a cliff could mean many things. just google and see. 

Google just gave me videos and articles about people literally falling off cliffs lol

look at 3 articles and they say falling off a cliff with very small drops. its all about context.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4093649-ford-sales-falling-cliff

https://techcrunch.com/2016/04/26/why-apples-stock-fell-off-a-cliff-today/

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13754264/1/nike-stock-falls-off-a-cliff-after-hours-despite-solid-growth.html

Last edited by quickrick - on 13 December 2017

quickrick said:
StreaK said:

I love being DRAMATIC, ok??? Sue me!

I love this rivalry shit. And as much as I love that the PS4 is winning it's just that MUCH sweeter if it wins against a worthy opponent. So basically, I kinda like the fact that Sony has a REAL opponent....not like the N64 or Gamecube days.

dude ps4 is gonna dominate switch, relax. in terms of launches ps4 and switch sold about the same 27 days switch shipped 2.74 million, ps4 in 45 days  shipped 4.2 million basically what ever was shipped was sold instantly with ps4, it didn't get a holiday boost this is reality. switch si close to ps4 with all of november plus 10 days of december, so do the math. 

Ok OK relax, I agree with you! In all reality, sure I'm interested in this competition but I don't really care who wins. It's just a bonus if PS does, that's all. Like a cherry on top or something. In the end, I really don't care who wins - I mean, look, PS3 lost to WiiU but that didn't stop me from thinking the PS3 being the best console of that generation. The PS has the games I want, end of story. It has the games I truly care about that is why if there is only ONE console brand for me to own, it is a PlayStation hands down.

NintendoPie said:
StreaK said:

I love being DRAMATIC, ok??? Sue me!

I love this rivalry shit. And as much as I love that the PS4 is winning it's just that MUCH sweeter if it wins against a worthy opponent. So basically, I kinda like the fact that Sony has a REAL opponent....not like the N64 or Gamecube days.

Fair enough, then.

:) No worries!

StreaK said:
quickrick said:

dude ps4 is gonna dominate switch, relax. in terms of launches ps4 and switch sold about the same 27 days switch shipped 2.74 million, ps4 in 45 days  shipped 4.2 million basically what ever was shipped was sold instantly with ps4, it didn't get a holiday boost this is reality. switch si close to ps4 with all of november plus 10 days of december, so do the math. 

Ok OK relax, I agree with you! In all reality, sure I'm interested in this competition but I don't really care who wins. It's just a bonus if PS does, that's all. Like a cherry on top or something. In the end, I really don't care who wins - I mean, look, PS3 lost to WiiU but that didn't stop me from thinking the PS3 being the best console of that generation. The PS has the games I want, end of story. It has the games I truly care about that is why if there is only ONE console brand for me to own, it is a PlayStation hands down.

For me the fun is in predicting the market. i also i like the way sony operates with making the best consoles for gaming, and giving developers the best choice they can at a affordable price to the market. Nintendo could only compete with handhelds interms of units old, but handheld gaming well continue to shrink, because really cell phones are all the entrainment you need on the go.  

Around the Network
quickrick said:
StreaK said:

For me the fun is in predicting the market. i also i like the way sony operates with making the best consoles for gaming, and giving developers the best choice they can at a affordable price to the market. Nintendo could only compete with handhelds interms of units old, but handheld gaming well continue to shrink, because really cell phones are all the entrainment you need on the go.  

Once again, I agree with you 110%!!!

And yeah, I just like discussing what may or may not sell better, etc.

Flilix said:
NPCmates said:
Wow so many people are saying switch will hit 100mil and I'm here thinking this thing will be lucky if it hits 40mil.

I doubt it will sell over 100 million. But it's even less likely that it will sell under 40 million. What makes you think that it will sell so low?

I figure Nintendo has about 20mil maybe less hardcore fans Nintendo consoles sales have slowly been declining each new system hence why I think they decided to combined the market making it handheld, also I think the reason the handhelds sold well was due to price, pokemon and the crazy amount of re-releases and double triple and more dippers and last I don't think the gimmick for the new system is strong enough to capture new audience like Wii. It's all just theory and speculation. Maybe I being too hard lets say it doesn't break 50mil and thats if they stay strong with 1st party.

NPCmates said:
Flilix said:

I doubt it will sell over 100 million. But it's even less likely that it will sell under 40 million. What makes you think that it will sell so low?

I figure Nintendo has about 20mil maybe less hardcore fans Nintendo consoles sales have slowly been declining each new system hence why I think they decided to combined the market making it handheld, also I think the reason the handhelds sold well was due to price, pokemon and the crazy amount of re-releases and double triple and more dippers and last I don't think the gimmick for the new system is strong enough to capture new audience like Wii. It's all just theory and speculation. Maybe I being too hard lets say it doesn't break 50mil and thats if they stay strong with 1st party.

handhelds were the only source of good entertainment on the go  back then, thats why handhelds sales were so strong back then.

quickrick said:
StreaK said:

Yeah, Sony doesn't stand a chance against Nintendo portable like psp vs DS or vita vs 3DS

NPCmates said:
Flilix said:

Yeah, one example is vita which is very successful because vita have the same price (250$) as 3ds at launch