By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo intends to ship more Switch units in Japan than ever before this month

quickrick said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yeah but without the million shipped to NA, that region would be the neglected one and stock wouldn't be plentiful. The stock sent to NA is getting sold, I don't think they're in a situation where the console is heavily supply constrained in the US like at launch but I do think the consoles shipped don't sit on the shelves too long so they do need a constant supply in NA.

you make a good point but it seems they shipping very little to the country with the most demand.

Maybe they figured lost holiday sales in NA have more chance to be permanently lost than in Japan. What it points to is that Nintendo still doesn't have enough stock to cover demand worldwide and they have to make tough decisions on how to allocate the available units.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

It did over 2 million last month, thats a pretty big number

i'm talking japan, 2 million WW in november is not that amazing.

Yeah full price selling 2m for a month is terrible....... wondered when your negativity would join the thread. And why the constant need to bring the PS4 into every Nintendo discussion?

acdcste said:
quickrick said:

i'm talking japan, 2 million WW in november is not that amazing.

Yeah full price selling 2m for a month is terrible....... wondered when your negativity would join the thread. And why the constant need to bring the PS4 into every Nintendo discussion?

PS4's first November after launch was probably bigger, since it's NPD was bigger (90k more) and it has the advantage of selling better in Europe than the Switch. And if we look at the data it's better to outsell your competitor 3:1 in Europe (potential market 50 million) than 4:1 in Japan (potential market 25 million). Since the European market is much bigger. The PS4 also didn't do pricecuts that holiday.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

ps4 probably did near 4.5 million in novemebr. 100$ cheaper yea but 4 years older, so 100$ is nothing really, 3ds, GC, and wiiu being cheaper sure didn't make them sell like hot cakes.

The whole its 4 years old excuse makes no sense.

It doesnt matter how old it is when this is its peak year.

i'm talking about ps4 being 100$ cheaper, it's 4 years old, it honestly should be 250$ by now.

Qwark said:
acdcste said:

PS4's first November after launch was probably bigger, since it's NPD was bigger (90k more) and it has the advantage of selling better in Europe than the Switch. And if we look at the data it's better to outsell your competitor 3:1 in Europe (potential market 50 million) than 4:1 in Japan (potential market 25 million). Since the European market is much bigger. The PS4 also didn't do pricecuts that holiday.

According to this site it did 2.4 million in Nov 2014

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Its already doing about 100k. So hopefully it can get close to 300k

Pocky Lover Boy! 

zorg1000 said:
Qwark said:

so ps4 did 4 million in December  nor buying that

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

so ps4 did 4 million in December  nor buying that

Can you do math?

Nov+Dec=5.7 million

Nov=2.4 million

That leaves 3.3 million for Dec

Also this site has it overtracked during holiday 2014.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

They have been saying this for a while now

It does seem to be getting better, but there are still stock issues

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Japan's definitely the area that needs the restock the most. Dunno why they didn't focus on it more before.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread