By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Sells 10 Million Units Worldwide

StarDoor said:
fatslob-:O said:

Deflect all you want but it won't make the Switch perform any better ... 

Nintendo should be concerned that Switch's performance is slowing down during the holidays in comparison to their previous systems. The Switch losing it's early advantage against the 3DS means that a fundamental issue is starting to surface with the platform ... 

Hardly anyone thought that the Switch was going to fail when the system came closer to launch so your projection means nothing. At that point it was just a question of whether it was going to have underwhelming performance like the 3DS was or it was going to be a smash hit like the DS ... 

Can you go even a single day without spewing nonsense? 

3DS started off faster than DS did. Not only is it laughable to think that doing slightly better than 3DS is a sign of "a fundamental issue," but this is doubly absurd because you've been proven wrong over and over again since the beginning of the year. Your narrative went from "Switch is going to be significantly behind 3DS in its first year, so it will struggle to even come close to its lifetime sales" based on Nintendo's financial estimates, but as soon as the September quarterly report came out, you suddenly spun that into a narrative of "Switch is struggling to stay ahead of 3DS, so its lifetime sales will be similar." Already you've adjusted your lifetime prediction upward by 20 million and your FY prediction upward by 4 million, yet you still have the nerve to act like Switch is disappointing you.

You have nothing constructive to say, your presence is nothing but a burden on any discussion, and you stubbornly parrot the same worn-out excuses for why Switch's performance is inadequate, despite matching the best selling consoles of all time and surpassing your own expectations for sales during its first year.

If there was an upvote button sir I would have pressed it. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Around the Network

So is the Switch dead on arrival or not? I can't tell...

KLAMarine said:

Yeah it’s finished. Complete flop :)

KLAMarine said:

Apparently depends on who you ask.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

KLAMarine said:

Next year sales will go down on a cliff, it will get close to Wii U LT numbers, then reach the saturation. By end of 2018 will be discontinued and Nintendo will go full 3rd party.

Can't be wrong. They played all their cards this year. The only way is down

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Sorry I can't believe it. The source has no credibility. Only VGChartz numbers are the truth.

I wonder how long people will say nintendo is doomed. In the future they may announce Nintendo Switch sells 80 million units and some people would say yeah but tomorrow it’s all over for Nintendo lol.

Only 10mil? *Colin

Quite happy with this news and it almost around where I expected it to be. That means 3 million sold from October 1St to December (whatever date they counted until). I did read it was up to the 10th December somewhere though. Add 3 million for December, possibly 4 million and then they've only got 2.6 million to hit their targets for the year.

Last edited by JSG87 - on 13 December 2017

JSG87 said:
Quite happy with this news and it almost around where I expected it to be. That means 2.4 million sold from October 1St to December (whatever date they counted until). I did read it was up to the 10th December somewhere though. Add 3 million for December, possibly 4 million and then they've only got 2.6 million to hit their targets for the year.

7.63mil is shipped

10mil is sold through

So it probably as of dec 10th has already 12mil shipped. Probably an extra 2-3mil (for 14mil-15mil) in the last 3 weeks to go